Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Download 2009

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Right, i have no doubt in my mind this has been asked before and is probably a extensive thread on it somwhere (that i cant find) but, what is it i need to remember for the download festival in particular or good hints and tips for festivals in general??? im new to the scene so any help apreciated.
:hyper:
Canot wait to go :yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    download is not one i've been to, but i have been told that its much rougher than others. be prepared to have your tent destroyed and make sure you can run fast if a riot starts like it did last year...

other festivals are normally about just being prepared for the weather, and making sure you eat and drink enough, don't take any silly risks, festivals are a bad place to try out new drugs.

don't wear anything you would be sad about loosing, infact don't take anything that you would have a problem throwing away. bin liners are important multi-purpose items

there is an article somewhere on here, i'll let helen, jim or someone else point it out cos i'm not sure where to find it.
  • Options
    I wish I someone told me what to expect when I went to my first festival. Didn't have a coat, didn't bring no clothes, no food, just a bag full of drink and drugs, I had 2 euro on me when I entered the gates because I spent all my spending money on E's. It was brilliant but you do have to be prepared.
  • Options
    download is not one i've been to, but i have been told that its much rougher than others. be prepared to have your tent destroyed and make sure you can run fast if a riot starts like it did last year...

I'd always found that Reading was a lot worse than Download for that. And that the Download crowd was a bit older than the "away from home for the first time" kids that seem to make up the majority of Reading/Leeds where the toilets always got burnt down on the last night.

Cos of that and rioting that's why they had to move away from the original Leeds festival site and why fires there were banned.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

Cos of that and rioting that's why they had to move away from the original Leeds festival site and why fires there were banned.

Yeah - I used to live a stones throw from the original site and the amount of mess/destruction/noise/violence had to be seen to believed. The day after the festival the whole area was always covered with thick fog from all the burning the night before and the pleasant smell of burnt shit.

Nice.
  • Options
    i was thinking of only taking anything i dont mind loosing basically, take the minimal possible, money in a waterproof bag haha gd old england, im driving down so i was gonna take a spare tent and leave it in the car alongwith some emergency money, ill also remember a steering lock and stuff tho it wont help if they decide just to trash it

wt is the best sort of food to take actually?? as your not aloud gas canisters aparently this yr??
    :chin: