Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help with lie in week

I started working for a company on 03/03/08 and the first day of pay was 14/03/08.

If I'm correct this means that upon terminating my contract I am still owed a weeks pay for 03/03/08 to 07/02/08?

Work claim this isn't true, but of course it is, isn't it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When did you finish working for them, and when was your last pay packet?

Also, is this the one that you were on long term sick with, when all you wanted was to be sacked? If so, part of me is thinking "you really shouldn't be complaining".
    It also depends what is in your contract - normally you get paid in arreas as in you get paid at the end of the month for all the work you've done in that month. However i did work somewhere once where we got paid 2 weeks in arreas and 2 weeks in advance in the middle of each month but this is highly unusual.
    Of course I should be complaining they owe me money from 03/03/08 to 07/03/08.

But they're saying "You don't get it"

And I'm saying well then "Citizens Bloody Advice Will"

A bunch of half wits indefinately.

They owe me 181.64p

CUNTS
    When was your last pay packet?

A common procedure for paying people who work weekly is the following Friday for the previous weeks work, so the money you got 14/3/8 will be for the week 3/3/08-7/3/08.

If that was the case then you should have been paid the week after your last week at work, or extra on your last day at work. Did either of those happen?
    Yeah I would expect the last pay on the friday the week after you finished.
    When was your last pay packet?

A common procedure for paying people who work weekly is the following Friday for the previous weeks work, so the money you got 14/3/8 will be for the week 3/3/08-7/3/08.

If that was the case then you should have been paid the week after your last week at work, or extra on your last day at work. Did either of those happen?

No I din't get the extra paypacket, so they owe me it, don't they?
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    No I din't get the extra paypacket, so they owe me it, don't they?

If you didn't get paid at the end of your first week of work then yes, you are a week behind and should be paid for it.
    You should have either been paid at the end of your first week, or at the end of the week after your last week.

I suspect the week you are missing is your last week rather than the first week though. Have you double checked it hasn't gone into your bank account, even if you've not had the payslip?
    I never got it.

Apparently they do this on almost everyone who leaves.

Well they'll not get away with it with me.
    I suspect the week you are missing is your last week rather than the first week though.

Yeah. It'd just be confusing the issue to say that you haven't been paid for your first week. You have, you got that pay the week after it. You haven't been paid for your last week.