Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Uni exam results!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted in a while so I thought a wee random one might be cool...? :) Anyway, I just got my exam results for last semester and they are actually freakishly good...out of 3 results I got 2 2.1s...I can't actually believe it! Okay, so I failed the other one...by 2 marks...but that might be down to neglecting to write the 2 essays I was supposed to...I only wrote one...duh! So that means doing an extra module this semester to (hopefully) override the big fat F.

But hey, I can't believe it, I have never had anything above 55 before, and to get something in the 60's is amazing...especially after having to repeat 2nd year and having an awful last semester...I really think I'm starting to get back on track now...*sigh of relief.* So anyway, there was no real point to this post, I just had to have a happy vent!

How'd the rest of you do? :)

capo2
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have a purely practical course, so i don't do exams... so i'm going to say congrats! well done... :)
    I've done quite well last semester too. Got two 61's and a 62, do that next semester and I'll get a 2 1 fingers crossed. I attribute it to travelling to uni from home, when I had a house all I done was drink, watch T.V. and miss class which left me with a 2 2 average for my second year but I think I can pull it up.

You still in Queen's aye?
    I have two assignments back so far where I have got 68% in both, just waiting for the other two now, should be anytime this week.
    I had a similar situation, I was freaking out and had a friend die the week before my exams and thought I had done terribly in all of my exams. Then I got my results:
    68%
    67%
    58%
    26%

So the 28% wasn't the best but I'm hoping I'll be allowed to retake that as a first attempt considering the circumstances... maybe. I want to graduate with a 2.1 and these are the first results that count (although, the last two are part 1 or 2 exams) so I'm headed in the right direction.
    What happened with the 26% one then? Did you find it difficult? Well done with the others though :)
    Well done guys, glad we're all doing so well, it's great to hear! :D Yep, still at QUB...for another 2 years hopefully...dunno whether that's a good thing or not! :P
    Considering the current economic climate and prospects for graduates, it's probably a good thing you get to fuck about in uni for another 2 years. :p
    squeal wrote: »
    What happened with the 26% one then? Did you find it difficult? Well done with the others though :)

I don't know, the one I got 68% in I was stressing and couldn't sleep the night before, and left the exam room after an hour and a half (it was a three hour exam). Really random!
    I'm quite pleased with my grades. After getting an average of about 65 in second year I come out with;

57, 66, 70, 71 and 76 - for semester 1 (in third year now). Just so worried about my project work now though (worth 1/3). But it's nice to have 68 average in the bag for the first semester.

Just annoyed that right now I'm still jobless. It sucks.
    Bollocks. I got a letter today saying that they are not going to consider my extenuating circumstances at all because I did not provide documentary evidence. I even asked prior what documentary evidence would they suggest. How do you prove that you're grieving?!

I am going to link them to the recent TED talk on 'moral wisdom' - understanding when to bend the rules a little. Stupid arses care more about getting to the end of the day and not getting in trouble themselves than looking out for students.

(apologies, mini rant)

So I'm just going to have to bring my average up :(