Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mineral Makeup?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would say they probably are. If all else fails, I would say try www.coastalscents.com. They are cheap as, their eyeshadow pallettes are very good and of the reviews I've seen of their eye brushes, they're good too. I haven't seen many reviews of their kabukis (except for the pink one) but if their eye brushes are good then it's cheap enough to try them out.

Where did you get your eye brushes from? /curious
    Franki wrote: »
    I would say they probably are. If all else fails, I would say try www.coastalscents.com. They are cheap as, their eyeshadow pallettes are very good and of the reviews I've seen of their eye brushes, they're good too. I haven't seen many reviews of their kabukis (except for the pink one) but if their eye brushes are good then it's cheap enough to try them out.

Where did you get your eye brushes from? /curious

clinique :)

i also got some ruby & millie ones in this make up set i got and they are really good too.
    my god, im so glad im not a makeup snob, or not even really that bothered about it at all because i cant even imagine spending £30 on a makeup brush!! thats crazy. i like makeup and all but i dont really wear much of it, i think il be sticking to using the brush i already am using which looks pretty similiar to those ones :D although i do have a tenner left on a boots giftcard so i might have a look at the urban decay stuff. i love urban decay eyeliner. yum.

I love Urban Decay eye shadows :heart:

I've given up with my mineral make-up! I've found an amazing foundation that really suits my skin and goes on really well. I'm used to the liquid ones that I just apply with my fingers :yes:
    I think that using circular motions helps it mix in with the natural oils of the skin. I find it never looks as good if I just put it on any old way.
    do you reckon the ones they sell on that website are ok? the lilylolo one? they aren't that expensive.

I got one of the lily lolo powder brushes and it's really nice. Good quality, soft hairs and really dense :thumb: And it was £14, which did nearly make my purse have a seizure, but even cheapo powder brushes rarely come in under £8, and this is 100 times nicer, so worth the money. Plus it's short, so you could carry it about in your handbag (if you are one of those people who does - I'm not, but like the idea that I could!).
    which one did you get olive? the super buffer or the super kabuki?
    which one did you get olive? the super buffer or the super kabuki?

Super buffer. My poor arthritic fingers have trouble gripping kabukis. Other than that I believe they're pretty much the same brush, so whatever suits!
    well, my little pots came today and i think ive found right shade for me.

is it worth getting a finishing powder too? do they make that much of a difference?

is the flocked sponge any good or should i just stick to the kabuki only?
    I started using mineral foundations about a year ago, but it wasn't until recently I fell in love with One. Sheer Cover. I heard about it from a friend, went to the website, ordered the starter kit for under $30 and got sooo many great things in it! Mascara, face wash, moisturizer, brushes, of course the mineral foundations in my shade.. My self confidence has been boosted ever since and I will never go back to the other mineral powders I was trying to get by with. : )
    I bought the finishing powder sample as well.

I like it. It makes your face look really fresh and shimmery. If you prefer a matte look I would avoid it.

I'm going to buy a full size foundation but probably won't buy a full size finishing powder due to cost, however the sample should last ages anyways.
    hiii i bought some of the lilylolo samples, and a kabuki brush, i love it but i feel like i have to use loads to cover my face - like just a bit really isnt enough to even up my skin tone - am i weird? love it apart from that.