Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acoustic Set

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
as some of u know my band had our first gig a week or so ago
and well, me and the bassist and singer have started an acoustic band and we've got an acoustic set to play for charity, we're doing it in southampton with a big sign saying that its for red nose charity appeal thingy,

any way, i wondered if anyone knows of any good acoustic covers/songs for us to do: right now we've decided on:

stellar-incubus, sounds awersome acoustic
one the singers written,
machines-biffy clyro
drive- incubus
tears in heaven-eric clapton(we've worked on this one for like 3 hours striaght to get it as good as possible)
and thats about all we've got atm

Any other songs you can think of that would be good??
any surgestions would be good,
I'm also thinking some jack johnson songs and jason mraz

we were planning to do it on saturday on the opening for ikea in southampton but that was today so probaly next weekend

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Have you had this yet?

How about Rootless Tree, Damien Rice?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd forgetten about daimen rice
    thanks helen
    thats on going on the set list now
    I tend think the best acoustic songs are the ones that were originally well, non-acoustic. Check ultimate-guitar for tabs and just pick a song you like but look for the acoutic version of it.
    Sweet child of mine/wonderwall(either version)/everlong/any greenday
    Another song that sounds good acoustic is pressure by paramore - i know they tend to be a love em or hate em band but thats a good song either way.
    yeah, i was thinking about paramore, but tbh we don;t have the vocalist for it, the guy thats singing voice doesn't really fit the song