Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone else heard the album yet? It's amazing, they're definately back to their mid 90s best. Take Me To The Hospital is retro brilliance.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yesss, Omen and Worlds On Fire, awesomeeeeeeee :D
    Take me to the hospital is the best track on there I reckon, back to their mid 90s best :D
    I have heard some of it...

I thought invaders must die wasnt that good... very forgettable...
    The chase and status remix of it is MUCH better...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0lKlkUQbJQ

Omen is a great track, I really like it. There is also a Noisia remix which is really dark and twisted...

Warrior Dance and World on fire are both good too. I have seen them do all these tracks live as well which was great.

I assume the album has leaked then?
    I'm going to wait for it to come out, I want an original.
    I don't if it's leaked, I've got a promo copy from my radio station.

The whole album has got a retro feel to it IMO and that's never a bad thing. I hear lots of 'Jilted' influences in it which was their best era. They're going to be around for a long time yet :)
    I don't if it's leaked, I've got a promo copy from my radio station.

The whole album has got a retro feel to it IMO and that's never a bad thing. I hear lots of 'Jilted' influences in it which was their best era. They're going to be around for a long time yet :)

I agree...
    I can never decide if jilted generation or fat of the land is there best album. Experience was amazing too, as was a lot of the stuff they did around that time which didn't appear on any albums.
    I thought always outnumbered never outgunned was a good album, but def there worst to date.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of invaders must die.
    I'm pretty sure the album will be good, but i dont ever think they'll make an album like Fat of the Land again which was an awesome album.

Theres a Prodigy track on radio1 now - Omen , sounds pretty good apart from that annoying Pendulum esqe synthy sound which i don't like at all. But thats just me i guess.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Theres a Prodigy track on radio1 now - Omen , sounds pretty good apart from that annoying Pendulum esqe synthy sound which i don't like at all. But thats just me i guess.

Listen to the Noisia remix of Omen, you might like it better. Need to be played LOUD tho, the basslines are sick!

http://www.myspace.com/denoisia (first tune in there myspace player)
    I don't know how the hell Prodigy actually do it. Even now, some of the tracks they did back in the early 1990s sound ahead of their time. Apart from a few duff records, their track record is excellent. I'll definitely be buying their album when it's out in 2 weeks time.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I don't know how the hell Prodigy actually do it. Even now, some of the tracks they did back in the early 1990s sound ahead of their time. Apart from a few duff records, their track record is excellent. I'll definitely be buying their album when it's out in 2 weeks time.

Yeah. Liam is a genius, by far one of the if not the most innovative producers in dance music history.

I would give my left arm to spend a day in the studio with him.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the album will be good, but i dont ever think they'll make an album like Fat of the Land again which was an awesome album.

Experience and Jilted were far better albums than Fat Of The Land IMO.
    Prodigy were best when they were making hardcore.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Prodigy were best when they were making hardcore.

I had a funny feeling you were going to say that :D

Experience was a brilliant album, but in general I'm not to big on hardcore so I prefer there darker breaks style tracks.