Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

who's off to uni in september???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
cos i am! going to birmingham city and studying child nursing. anyone else off? im sooooooo excited/apprehensive...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm finishing this year - sad times :(
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    JsT wrote: »

Oh dear...you will have to become a growed up!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I don't see it as sad. More the start of my life. I am counting the days to getting a real job and beginning to pay my way out of this ridiculous financial sh*thole.

I cannot wait.
    cos i am! going to birmingham city and studying child nursing. anyone else off? im sooooooo excited/apprehensive...

Sorry I really don't mean to put you off. I think university is important, I just get little financial support and after working last summer I cannot wait to stop jumping through hoops as I would call it.

S
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Oh dear...you will have to become a growed up!
    I know :(
    hoprfully continuing my degree...its going so quickly!

Me too. I qualify in may and will have to get a proper grown up big girl job :nervous:
    I'm finishing too, considering doing a Masters or getting a PgC in teaching who knows . Anything to prolong the buzz. :lol:

Though seriously, it's going to be a piss poor year for graduates in regards to job prospects so might do something afterwards.

Good luck to all those going for the first time.
    I'll be going back in September to do my final year. Can't wait to get back to Brum, had enough of all this placement malarky now.

Good luck to the new starters.. evn though it is ages away.
    I'll be joining you next next september :)

Still doing me AS's
    mrbox99 wrote: »
    Sorry I really don't mean to put you off. I think university is important, I just get little financial support and after working last summer I cannot wait to stop jumping through hoops as I would call it.

S

its ok...nurses get a free bursury :D and belive you me, i have already started saving so i wont be in the shit for cash. id be excited about getting out and starting my career too.
    its ok...nurses get a free bursury :D and belive you me, i have already started saving so i wont be in the shit for cash. id be excited about getting out and starting my career too.

God trust me the bursery is shite...definatly get a student overdraft and a job. £500 a month goes no where especially if you live in halls! But you're lucky to get it as they are stopping it and making everyone do the nursing degree :rolleyes: Just wait for the shortage of nurses in a few years due to that!

I'll be so glad when I get a job and don't have to live off the nursing bursery anymore!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    God trust me the bursery is shite...definatly get a student overdraft and a job. £500 a month goes no where especially if you live in halls! But you're lucky to get it as they are stopping it and making everyone do the nursing degree :rolleyes: Just wait for the shortage of nurses in a few years due to that!

I'll be so glad when I get a job and don't have to live off the nursing bursery anymore!

oh wow so youre a student nurse? what branch are you doing and at what uni? i knowwww ive heard the burusry doesnt go far...when are they making everyone do the degree its not for a fair few years is it??
    Im doing adult at Chester. They have already got rid of the diploma here! After the September intake everyone has to do the degree. It's because they want all nurses who have already qualified but don't have their degree to get it. It's only like 6 modules they have to complete but most of the time the trust won't fund the staff and you have to fund it yourself. It can be anything from £200-£500 per module! If you can do the degree top up modules in your third year and then when you qualify you will only have to complete 3 modules to get your degree.

They basically want everyone working at the same levels as now you have project 2000 nurses, people with diplomas and still some state registered and enroled nurses around! I heard, I don't know how true this is, that they want nurses to have started their degree by 2010. Which is so unrealistic!

I've only done my diploma so I'm going to do my degree once I've qualified, hopefully I can do it in critical care :yes:

But if you can apply for nhs professionals to work on the bank, good money and its caring experiance. If you do a night shift you can come out with up to £150! It is do able to live on the bursery but really hard! I had to move unis and move back home as I couldn't afford to live in halls :no:
    I've had part time jobs pretty much all my 2nd and 3rd year so it is do-able! Ignore uni when they say it's not ;)
    me
    Hopefully me. Just had one of my route A's declined though. Bastards.