Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Long Does it Take to Hear Back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hiya!
Sent my application for a postgrad about a month ago. Over three weeks ago I got an email saying thanks for my application and that I'll hear from them soon. On the uni's website they've said that it usually takes 3 weeks. On Tuesday it will have been a month. I'm not sure whether I'm expecting something through the post or via email, either.

Does anyone know generally how long it takes? Or do I just have to wait it out?

I'm just getting super nervous now, is all!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xsazx wrote: »
    depends entirely on the university (I sent my application off 15th Oct and only received confirmations from two so far), have a look on their website for further information, otherwise tis just a case of "no news is good news" as sir puts it

Eeek! I hope so!
    I think I'll email them tomorrow if I still haven't heard...
    I'm applying for a postgraduate course in creative writing.
    Went on the uni's website. Said that it takes up to four weeks at the busiest time of year, but it also says that up until Christmas is a really quiet time. So it's quiet, but I still haven't head back. So I emailed the email address I was told to email with any queries. This is a query so *fingers crossed* hopefully they'll get back soon!
    Urgh! I'm so annoyed!! I still haven't heard back. If I don't hear back by tomorrow then it's likely that I won't hear anything until uni starts back. By then I will have been waiting months to hear back :( I just want to know so I can start thinking about sorting my life out.
    Just a matter of waiting, I think it's march all the uni's have to tell you either way, I've got a biomed conditional and had one medical interview, my other three are ignoring me though :(

As in, that's the latest? Well, at least if I wait that long it still gives me time to find graduate jobs to apply to.

Stupid other three unis! Congrats on the biomed and the interview though!
    31st march 2009 the unis are expected to tell you :) thanks :D

Brilliant! Cheers!
    31st march 2009 the unis are expected to tell you

Postgrad applications don't go through UCAS, so it's entirely down to the individual university. However, I should say you have a pretty good chance of being accepted - postgrad courses in general aren't so competitive as undergrad courses; as long as you reach the minimum requirements they will want you because you pay hefty tuition fees. I didn't realise this when I applied for my MSc in Public Policy and so actually applied to 5 different unis as belt and braces and got offers from all of them.

So just sit tight - I'm sure that offer will come along in due course. Good luck :)
    Brilliant! iam so annoyed..

sentersoftech