Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job Seekers - signing off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been on job seekers for a while. My town is a little town and there are no jobs basically just a few community shops not looking for staff. Buses are few and far between which makes jobs in another town a bit more difficult.

When I was in college 2 years ago we booked a holiday for 2 weeks this year, which was 3 weeks ago. I made a deposit two years ago so couldn't back out of the holiday.

I signed off job seekers before I left and was told to make a rapid reclaim when I got back. I don't want to sign back on job seekers because the people who work there made me feel even worse than I did about not being able to find a job, they never helped me at all and it felt a waste of time going for getting nothing out of it except a shattered confidence every time I went.

I didn't ring for a rapid reclaim when I got back as I don't want to sign back on.

I noticed that they put money into my bank (I didn't sign on it was put in on friday so I don't know why that was put in there, any ideas?) and have sent me P45 documents about giving them to my employer and the end of my claim. I'm a bit confused about these two forms

I don't have an employer currently as I am still looking and have just got back off holiday but don't want to sign back on after the horrible experience I had last time.

What do I tell them about why I don't want to sign back on?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you dont have to tell them anything. Just keep the stuff safe for when you return to work if you dont want to sign back on
    Ok but what do I do about the money they put into my bank on friday? My holiday was on 7 october to 23rd october and I never made a rapid reclaim or anything when I got back off holiday so why did they put the money in my bank account?

Thank you for the help =]
    bugsbunny wrote: »
    I have been on job seekers for a while. My town is a little town and there are no jobs basically just a few community shops not looking for staff. Buses are few and far between which makes jobs in another town a bit more difficult.

When I was in college 2 years ago we booked a holiday for 2 weeks this year, which was 3 weeks ago. I made a deposit two years ago so couldn't back out of the holiday.

I signed off job seekers before I left and was told to make a rapid reclaim when I got back. I don't want to sign back on job seekers because the people who work there made me feel even worse than I did about not being able to find a job, they never helped me at all and it felt a waste of time going for getting nothing out of it except a shattered confidence every time I went.

I didn't ring for a rapid reclaim when I got back as I don't want to sign back on.

I noticed that they put money into my bank (I didn't sign on it was put in on friday so I don't know why that was put in there, any ideas?) and have sent me P45 documents about giving them to my employer and the end of my claim. I'm a bit confused about these two forms

I don't have an employer currently as I am still looking and have just got back off holiday but don't want to sign back on after the horrible experience I had last time.

What do I tell them about why I don't want to sign back on?

I know how you feel mate...job centre plus do not help people at all and give out wrong information....sorry to hear your plight.

If you want to get advice contact citizen advice they will help.

Benefit people can make your confidence go but do not worry just be happy.

:)
    becks27 wrote: »
    I know how you feel mate...job centre plus do not help people at all and give out wrong information....sorry to hear your plight.

If you want to get advice contact citizen advice they will help.

Benefit people can make your confidence go but do not worry just be happy.

:)

They treated me like I was a druggy that hangs out outside the job centre. They made rude assumptions about me a couple of times which I corrected them on as I've applied to nearly everywhere but haven't made the short list for interviews so far (only had 3 out of 20 applications as we have a large unemployment in my area). I left the job centre crying after my second interview because the lady made me feel like a worthless being and a child so when I was on holiday I decided I wasn't going to go back. I'm a person that's always happy and doesn't let anything knock her, so I was shocked by how I reacted to it.

I will contact Citizen advice, thank you =] hopefully they are some what helpful.

But what do I do about this money that got put in my bank by JS on friday even though I haven't signed on?
    Job Seekers - signing off

www.staffingpower.com

Sentersoftech