Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job Seekers Income...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cant find any work at the moment, and I was thinking of going on Jobs seekers income/benifits? I was wondering can I claim at another towns Job Center from my home adresses? for example I live near slough can I claim at Reading or Madienhead?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think so Bitty.

My upbringing (and then-legal address) was Bridgnorth (Shropshire) but I was living in digs in Stafford at the time. I went to their jobcentre and it proved no problem.
    How much are you actually getting? I heard that it's an absurdly low figure, job seeker's allowance.

What do you do if you're starting a business but have no funding? How come there's no allowance for that? It makes you wonder.
    What you'd get varies according to circumstances, see here;
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_015272.xml.html
    Stan221 wrote: »
    What do you do if you're starting a business but have no funding? How come there's no allowance for that? It makes you wonder.

Its not their job to finance new business. Thats what savings/bank loan/grants are for.

I never went on Jobseekers when I was breifly unemployed, too much hassle.
    Bitty wrote: »
    I cant find any work at the moment, and I was thinking of going on Jobs seekers income/benifits? I was wondering can I claim at another towns Job Center from my home adresses? for example I live near slough can I claim at Reading or Madienhead?

Hey Bitty

We picked up this question and put it to Pete Eldrige from CAB in the expert money chat a couple of weeks ago. Take a look at what he said here: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/moneychatPeteEldridge
    Sorry I didn't mention it earlier!

:)
    Stan221 wrote: »
    How much are you actually getting? I heard that it's an absurdly low figure, job seeker's allowance.

when my partner was starting his business and it wasnt making any money, we were eligible for tax credits.
    How do you mean that you want to claim from another address? I would check the dwp website or you can contact them direct by phone number will be on the website.
    Job Seekers Income...

I was thinking of going on Jobs seekers income/benifits?

www.staffingpower.com

Sentersoftech