Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going out in Liverpool

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So...I've recently moved to the place, but having taken up a masters :banghead: I've had very little chance to go out, check out the music scene, know where the good pubs are etc. Few places I've already found:

CaVa: Fantastic tequila bar
Krazyhouse: Good tunes
Pilgrim:Cheap drinks

However! Could really do with some good advice, experiences etc that people have of going out :thumb:

Also, if anyone fancies going for a quick pint and showing me around the city would definitely be up for it :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A good place to start the night is Slaters or the Jacaranda the drinks are cheap and they have a good atmosphere. They do look a bit rough at first but there fab for starting the night. Baa Baa is good for cheap drinks and shots offer and they do all sorts of fab shots :yum:
    Heebie Jeebies, it's a bit hidden down some stairs but it plays all sorts of random music and good for a dance.
    A few others we go to are-
    Mood
    Le Bataue
    Hannah's bar
    Barfly
    Largo's

And don't forget Matthew Street!
    Are all those places pretty compact piecesofme e.g. if someone who literally didn't know liverpool at all went would they be able to stagger round and come across them :razz:
    There all in and around concert square so there not exactly hard to find.

The only one that is a bit out is le bataue and if you don't really know Liverpool can be hard to find, but thes rest are easy. They are literally two minutes from each other.

But you have your usual bars like revolution, reflex etc too.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    A few others we go to are-
    Mood
    Le Bataue
    Hannah's bar
    Barfly
    Largo's

And don't forget Matthew Street!

They're genuinely the better places, well done. Then you went and mentioned Matthew Street. Good for grab a granny, perhaos.
    They're genuinely the better places, well done. Then you went and mentioned Matthew Street. Good for grab a granny, perhaos.

I know, I forgot how tragic Matthew Street is until I went the other week....never again :no:
    Concert Square is much better :thumb:
    Watch out for Gerrard!
    Don't worry, mate. Just don't go to Southport and you should be safe. >D
    For watching a match:
    The L32 Club(Kirkby)-Looks tatty but has a good atmosphere
    Brambles(Kirkby)-Good on a match day
    The Black Bull(Walton)-Old but good boozer
    Going out:
    Krazyhouse
    Lloyds Bar
    Yates
    Reflex
    You've been the Krazyhouse, what more do you need? :D
    There's a place called "The Jac", and "JRs", it's nice in there. The Jac is hella small, and the underground part of it is HOT all the time, but I always start a night off in there.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    You've been the Krazyhouse, what more do you need? :D
    There's a place called "The Jac", and "JRs", it's nice in there. The Jac is hella small, and the underground part of it is HOT all the time, but I always start a night off in there.

Ohh I like going The Jac..but you do turn into a sweaty mess if it's busy down there!! Slaters across the road is the same but just as good with amazingly cheap drinks ;) :yes:
    The Jac's cool. Slaters is a bit rough, but as has been said, the drinks are cheap. The Krazyhouse isn't as good as it used to be and the last time I was near there, I saw the bouncers beating the life out of this one guy.

I usually end up in Le Bateaux, mainly for the music. Heebyjeebies is okay too but I've never been all that into clubbing, it has to be said.