Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

references

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm applying for jobs at the moment and most places ask you to put your current or last job down for a reference.

Problem is I know the company refers all reference requests to head office and basically they confirm you've worked there, and the dates from and to... and thats it.
So it looks like a bad reference - well you know what i mean. So then the employer looks at that, compared to one from someone who's previous employer said just a few lines and they have already got a betta chance than me if it goes down to references.

What can i do? Why can the company give me this simple not even reference, just confirmation of existance!!! They are still causing me problems and im not even employed by them anymore!!! :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest that's a standard business reference. If they are wanting to hear good things about you they will ask for a personal reference as well as the one from your last / current employer.