Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where do I stand?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK... so i've been working at the same place for 3 months now...

Basically my contract says I should work 5-8 on a particular day... And at my initial interview I said I couldn't work those hours and one of the mangers said I could work 6-9 instead.

But because the store shuts at 8... it turned out there was no point me being there from 8. So the next week he told me I could work till 8 and he'd adjust my pay.

So last Saturday, the other manager asked me what hours I worked and it appeared that he didn't know my hours had been changed. My pay hadn't been changed and therefore for the last 2 or 3 months I've been paid too much. I didn't notice on my statement because i've done quite a bit of overtime since I started.

I didn't get a chance to talk to either one of them properly but I'm just wondering where I stand right now? If its their mistake I should be OK right?

He says I have to work till 9 now... I have a feeling though that they are doing that to cover their mistake so noone else higher up finds out. This kinda sucks, as I was looking to reduce my hours anyway :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unless they changed your contract when they changed your hours you are legally meant to work the hours it states in your contract. They could also make you pay back any money that they have over paid you - though normally you can come to some kind of agreement about paying it back in installments each month rather than one lump sum.