Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

your opinion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would you date someone you weren't really physically attracted to, but fit the bill in every other way?

he's sincere, nice, appreciates me, I just can't imagine proudly exclaiming "THAT'S MA MAN!!" you know?

also he's not that funny but neither am I so I can't really hold that against him

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    damasta wrote: »
    would you date someone you weren't really physically attracted to, but fit the bill in every other way?

Nope.
    this is something everyone can only decide for himself.

If you are not feeling it, there is just no reason to date him, even if he's perfect in every other sense. Can't force what you are feeling. It won't work out if you are not attracted to him.

What you can do is spend more time with him, until you start feeling it, maybe because maybe despite his looks and that you realize that you ARE attracted to him, regardless what it is.

he's sincere, nice, appreciates me, I just can't imagine proudly exclaiming "THAT'S MA MAN!!" you know?

also he's not that funny but neither am I so I can't really hold that against him

Let me guess, he's got money?
    Let me guess, he's got money?

Haha, I like your style.

Attraction is important in a relationship. It probably won't last long when you meet someone who DOES tick all the boxes and you will end up hurting this guy. Don't do it. :no:
    attraction isnt about what he looks like. Its the whole thing.
    If youre not attracted to him then hes not right for you
    I wouldn't. If there's no physical spak he's just a friend IMO :no:
    I wouldn't. If there's no physical spak he's just a friend IMO :no:

I'm sorry but I think in most cases that's just a pile of arse-gravy.

Apparently most women feel "personality is more important than looks" but if a guy is f'ing loaded then he could have all the good looks of Mr Bean - it wouldn't matter, he'd still pull a looker.

Ask 100 women what their ideal man is like and 'rich' will appear on the list the majority of time.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be attracted to money but I don't like the bullshit of "looks aren't important, it's personality that counts". Just be honest and admit that as long as he gives you his credit card each weekend and the keys to your own Mercedes soft-top then you're happy to be his woman!

Aaaaand...relax.

Sorry, rant over.
    For women looking for money it will, but poll the mojority of real women and you'll see otherwise. There aren't really that many women women who would just die to be a Heffner's girl :\ Plenty, yes, but the majority, please :\ That is just downright offensive.
    I stress I was using wild generalisations and having a mad rant...
    thanks for the replies guys.. my conscience is saying no, thanks for echoing that. he's not loaded, I'm just getting desperate lol

I'm 20 years old going through a two year dry spell and honestly I'm just about to grab the next dick I see off the street. I'm getting sooooooooooo tired of waiting for fireworks.

yes I've heard of a one night stand, but strangers don't usually appeal to me.. which is why I was considering this guy, he's the only one I'd consider for it (due to a plethora of supposed experience) but knowing myself I'd probably keep going back to him after for the convenience/safety of it.. just foresaw it developing into some weird quasi-relationship so I needed opinions on that.. because yeah, being in a relationship where I felt no initial infatuation (besides glorious sex) definitely seemed strange to me.

ok I'm just going to be completely honest to see what you think, you can judge me idc it's the internet..
    hokay, the only reason I wouldn't actually want to date him is that his face is a little bit ugly and I'm scared we'd have ugly babies :/
    I feel awful and so shallow about it believe me
    Well yeah, you might be incredibly shallow but at least you're honest about it, which is a refreshing change I guess.
    Sometimes someone can grow on you. Give him a chance maybe. But don't wait for years for a spark..
    But, you won't see his face when it's buried in your crotch:naughty:
    Women who go out wit men for their money should be shot. Simple as..

I dont like them at all

and for me it would depend...because if they fit the bill in every other way i guess there inner beauty shows on the outside and i find em more attractive.. :)
    Women who go out wit men for their money should be shot. Simple as..

I dont like them at all

:lol:

It's not quite as simple as that.

Money is attractive because it suggests success and who doesn't want to date somebody successful?? I'm dating a guy now who is ambitious, clever, hard working and reliable. Those are traits I want in a man. He earns a good wage and the only way for him is up unless he fucks up. All those personality traits help him advance his career, isn't it logical that it could be transferred to relationships as well?

I've always tried to be open minded in my dating and the end result is always the same, guys that have no drive professionally turn me off. Not because they're not rich (I'm well enough paid to take care of myself) but because there's just something missing from the equation. I'm very driven myself, for the record.

As for the original question, in my opinion looks aren't everything. I've often had a strong first impression about blokes and then when I've gotten to know them better I've changed my mind. However, there are some guys I just wouldn't want to have sex with no matter what. There's no point in dating somebody you don't want to sleep with.

I had a weird thing going on with a guy I wasn't that into for similar reasons as you. I could have sex now and then (although it wasn't even good sex :| ) which suited me at the time. It died off though and I ended up finding somebody better. I don't regret what I did but in hindsight it was a little daft.