Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

before sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I have a problem that has been going on for years and I have tried various ways of communicating the problem to my wife, but the problem still continues.

What happens is that just before sex there always seems to be a moment when my wife finds a way to mock and/or humiliate me.

It is the timing that really gets to me. Though some people have the problem of their spouse not engaging in sex, this is not my problem.

Let me explain. Recently, my wife offered to give me fellatio after which we'd have sex. However, just as we were preparing to go forward with our plan, she saw that my fly was already down. At this point I was already quite looking forward to the evening, so all I did was stutter a bit when she told me that she discovered my open fly (not in a sensual manner, but in a "oh, you forgot to zip your fly again" manner). When I was lost for words in anticipation of our night together, she made a retarded voice and mocked my stammering because frankly I had no response to her criticism that I had left my fly open by accident.

I overlooked this and chalked it up to a misunderstanding, but soon after when she was about to go down on me, I made an "ooooo" noise, and she looked up at me, made the retarded voice again and mocked the sound I just made, which immediately and effectively ruined the moment, you know that moment where you surrender yourself to the upcoming pleasure and love that you are about to feel.

Immediately after making the retarded voice, she started giving me oral sex, but all I could think about was the shame I felt in having been mocked.

Okay, I know I might not be expressing this very well, and I am not perfect, but the point is that on numerous occasions I have had to overcome my anger and shame in order to just move forward, i.e. maintain an erection as opposed to confronting her over a humiliation that frankly makes it hard to perform. But I overcome my feelings, think happy thoughts and try to enjoy the sex as much as possible because like all humans I am a sexual creature and know that if I confronted her over this, we would have a fight, and we certainly would not have sex.

I know this because I have tried to confront her and all that happens is that she responds with the following: "why don't you write down all the things I do wrong and then give me the list." This statement is of course said with biting sarcasm, which further frustrates me as it is not my intention to tell her all of her faults, only that I don't like to be mocked. In short, when I say to her that something she has done makes me feel shame, she takes it personally and lets me know that she feels I have wronged her for bringing up a grievance.

Please help. This is the first time I have ever reached out to others in a public forum over my marriage issues.

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    devildark wrote: »
    "why don't you write down all the things I do wrong and then give me the list."

Do this. She's asking for it.
    My good lord. How rude. I'd confront her about it directly, but make sure you're not in bed at the time, so that you can chat about things without either of you getting too wound up (hopefully).
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Do this. She's asking for it.
    I agree.
    I don't know what the internet can do for you sir, your wife sounds psychotic. I'd take her to marriage counseling if it's possible. talking about it to her probably won't get you anywhere, but talking to her in front of a trained professional might.

good luck getting her to go though after the first session when she realizes your not getting blamed for anything.
    thx all:banghead:
    i whait more
    Turn the tables? A bit malicious fuck it. Next time you have sex stand up and walk off imediately after and when she asks whats wrong just tell her that it didnt do much for you as it was like throwing a hotdog into a cave.
    It seems like power play to me. Like she wants to feel like she's the dominant one, so puts you down and makes you feel like crap so it's all on her terms. I can't understand how someone could be so inconsiderate...