Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help Please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First of all, id just like to point out that i really hate being on benefits, and wouldnt be if i had any other choice.

Right. I got made unemployed in April last year, and have only managed to have a few week long temporary jobs since. This is mainly due to the fact that im only qualified in childcare, which for reasons beyond my control i cannot work in at the moment, and im only 18 and cannot drive. I started claiming JSA about 7 weeks ago, and get £92 a fortnight, i think.

Three weeks ago i was kicked out of home. My parents decided that they would be better parents to my youngest sister if us oldest three left, and gave us no choice. My mum fought me, and i left without any belongings. Now i cant go back for them, my neighbour has informed me my parents hired a skip and got rid of everything.

Right now im living with my boyfriends parents. My sister has gone to stay with my oldest sister, who was kicked out at 17, and social services housed her. She has a steady income, and has given my sister a haircut and a room and some clothes etc, so they are fine. Im not. My sister cant have me as well, she cant afford too, and i certainly cant stay here much longer. My boyfriends a uni student, and spends all day in Birmingham, so i end up just wondering around his town. Even buying basics food, i cannot afford anything, and i only have one outfit. His mums given me a few of her tops to wear but they are huge and i urgently need a hair cut and some clothes that fit. Looking like this, no one will employ me.

Is there anything i can do? My head is pounding, i feel like such a pain being here and im wasting my life away. There is no one i can turn too. Most of my friends have disowned me, and im so lonely and i feel so useless that i just sleep all day. Which dosent help anything, and then i wake with a headache and feel so depressed.....

Any help anyone can suggest would be really appreciated

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just having a wee bit of trouble reading your message it seems miles away and very tiny...might need a magnifying glass.
    I am sorry that your parents have kicked you out. Believe me I know how you are hurting right now.
    what about trying shelter they are a charity that help homeless people. I am sure too that talking here on this site will help you. Talking can help in lots of ways. Try and have a look at the site information it has loads there might be other ways of help that you can get and please do not give up hope.
    I have contacted shelter, im waiting for them to get back to me. Hopefully they will tomorrow.

Thanks for the fast response, ive been having a read around the site and ill continue to do so.

And ive made the writing bigger, sorry x
    oh thats ok...thought I had double vision hehehe. Always here to help if I can and yes shelter have loads of information and I am sure they will help with one thing. At least you are getting some money to live on I know it is not much and not enough. You say you are qualified in childcare is there a reason for you not to try here for work? You can see what your local job centre has in the way of jobs and also look online too. Just go the job centre plus web page.
    I do think maybe you should also talk with your Gp they can also help with matters. Does anyone else know about your situation?
    Hi sorry to hear about this why your parents done this parents should look after you no matter what hope you ok x
    Thanks for your help everyone.
    My own GP is unreachable but i might try and register round here so i can talk to them.
    I guess theres not much i can do right now but tomorrow ill be off to the job center to see what they say. Its a two hour walk, so ill be feeling fit at the end!!

Its nice having people to talk too, thanks again. I just feel so utterly lost and helpless.
    The jobcentre can give you a crisis grant, you need to go to your local homeless person's centre and ask them to house you. you will be eligable for housing benefit, and it likely you will be put in a B and B for a while but they will have to house you eventually. If you are ill as well, there are lots of other benefits you can claim, but its important that you become a temporary patient with a GP near you.

Go to the CAB as well, the jobcentre are often very unhelpful, i have found them to be when i've had to sort out income support claims.

do your best and try to stay positive. i've been in situations where i've just had to wonder the streets all day. don't! go to a library, or somewhere like that, the staff are often very helpful and on the whole quite kind, and i've spent weeks and weeks sitting in libraries, on the net and reading books. it stops the feeling of being utterly helpless and alone...

keep your chin up, i've been in a similar situation 3 years ago, and it was utter hell. it will get better!
    Call centres always need staff so get hold of a local paper on 'jobs' day and get in touch. Working in places like that comes easy to some and not to others so don't be disheartened if you don't last long but it pays pretty well and you can potentially make a fair chunk of change there.
    Do you not have any friends that you can borrow clothes from? or even see if they will spare you their 'cast offs'. With a couple of mates we're always swapping clothes around when we get bored of them.
    I think the best thing is to contact the Gp first they can more than we think. Good luck with the job centre my job centre are on the whole always been helpful. There are loads of websites that have jobs that you could think about applying for. Go to a charity shop and ask them for some help there maybe even a shelter shop. Take care.
    This is just a temporary blip in your life. You will get over it and when you do you can build a productive, happy fulfilling life for yourself. Don't get stuck in a trap now that will close off any opportunities for happiness in the future. Have big dreams for yourself and a plan in your head for how to achieve them. Education is very important. Get career advice. Enquire about educational opportunities you can avail of. Colleges have accomodation officers who could help you if you were on one of their courses. This may not solve your immediate problem, but please do keep these things in mind and decide that you will find a way of building that life for yourself that you deserve. You are at a critical point in your life now and it is important to go in the right direction.

with hopes for your success and well-being

best wishes!
    get in for a crisis loan!