Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My friend.

I love helping people and giving good advice but this has got me stumped

My mate who ive hung with since the start of my secondry school life has became depressed over stuff..he fancies this girl in our group but he hasnt got a clue what to do or say.

He's not had much relationship experience or anything like that n doesnt have much self esteem he was like "oh i bet it'll go wrong", "i cant take it if she says no"..

I want him to be happy but this girl he wants is interested in another guy whos older and has a job etc..what could i tell my friend to do to win this girl over? except from talk to her more...be himself etc

i thought it would be nice for him to give her a card on Vday...

thought n ideas please :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want him to be happy but this girl he wants is interested in another guy whos older and has a job etc..what could i tell my friend to do to win this girl over? except from talk to her more...be himself etc

i thought it would be nice for him to give her a card on Vday...

I think, under the circumstances described above, he should be steered well away from her on Valentine's Day. If you KNOW that she is interested in someone else, the last thing you want to do is give him any glimmer of hope on this occasion. It sounds like its a non-starter.

Also, most of us pain for someone we can't have. That's life. He has to get used to it - but this is where, you as a friend, can help. Get him out with you, encourage him to follow his interests, introduce him to your friends etc so that he CAN build up his general confidence with people.