Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

valentine's day outfits!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi sweetlings.

sooo, i want to look dead nice on valentine's day! but is it me or are all the shops full of shite?

thats probably a bit of an overexaggeration but as an extremely curvy size 18 5"2 lady i'm not finding anything. me pal dragged me in topshop yesterday and it was enough to make me a bit moany.

on a brighter note, i found some wonderfully comfy and fun harem pants in primani which will be brilliant for lazing about the house as i often do.

sooo, where will you be shopping for lovely outfits?

i normally go to dorothyperkins.com or asos.com but nowt's caught my eye so far. harumphh.

ooh, and just to share my excitement, me and the manfriend are going to a dead posh hotel and for tea at an amazing chinese.

woop. share puhleez! xo

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aww that sounds lush, i suggested going to the zoo for our valentines day hah!!

i love asos too, and new look never fails. also boohoo, dollydagger, dorothyperkins, topshop and riverisland. not that i internet shop a lot or anything like... :D
    aww that sounds lush, i suggested going to the zoo for our valentines day hah!!

i love asos too, and new look never fails. also boohoo, dollydagger, dorothyperkins, topshop and riverisland. not that i internet shop a lot or anything like... :D
    hehe. we gotta do it :D

i just found a dress on dotty p's website but i'm not sure what it'll look like on! it doesn't look THAT nice i think it might be able to make it nice! its just black and looks satiny and im thinking just uber shiny tights/leggings and nice black heels. hmmm.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    kezia wrote: »
    hehe. we gotta do it :D

i just found a dress on dotty p's website but i'm not sure what it'll look like on! it doesn't look THAT nice i think it might be able to make it nice! its just black and looks satiny and im thinking just uber shiny tights/leggings and nice black heels. hmmm.

Sounds pretty - linky? :)
    theres nothing in the shops is there! iv been to the trafford centre twice this week (you know i love it) and have come away empty handed both times, yes thats me, EMPTY HANDED.

the only place im seeing some alright stuff is asos, but you just never know what its gonna look like dya, it always looks nice on the model!

you look sexy all the time anyways :D
    the only place im seeing some alright stuff is asos, but you just never know what its gonna look like dya, it always looks nice on the model!

And they make you pay the postage if you need to return stuff :grump:.
    i've got a fifties style silk skirt with roses on it, and some black stockings with hearts on them...i just need somewhere to go now!
    wouldn't something like this be better?

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=SPX-164&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r3694-p476616-front

i'm gonna get one for my new dress i got at xmas
    i think if youre curvy, then avoid satin because it will show off every single lump and bump you dont wanna show
    hehe, franks im already in there with the control pants :p i think that camisole top thing looks shite, well for me anyway cuz i need like high powered support.

suzy yeh thats what im thinking. but have got a size bigger and slimming underwear so will just try and see :) i like how i can just take it back to any dotty p shop if it doesnt fit. woo.
    kezia wrote: »
    hehe, franks im already in there with the control pants :p i think that camisole top thing looks shite, well for me anyway cuz i need like high powered support.

suzy yeh thats what im thinking. but have got a size bigger and slimming underwear so will just try and see :) i like how i can just take it back to any dotty p shop if it doesnt fit. woo.
    Aye, I think your boobies would need more than that ickle camisole for support :p. Is there not a DP which has it in before you buy it? I know that the small ones are crap (the one in Braintree only sells the basics stuff and not a lot of the actual nice stuff) but if there's a biggish one near you it might be worth going in to have a looksee.

I'm sure you'll look schmexy anyway ;).