Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flat Stomache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, i know everyone is always after the old get slim quick answer, and apprently there is no real answer appart from eat well and excersise fequantly.

i was hoping some1 just might be able to push me in the right direction, im not looking to be forever slim, and im usually happy how i am, however there is a certain event going on in a month and a half where i will need to be taking my shirt off....and im hoping i can get a flat stomache by then, im not currently fat, but i do have a stomache on me.
Anyone really know how i can get some help. what sort of excersizes i can do and what i should be eating and how many times aday i should be to let me achive this in the next month to month and a half.
All help welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the key to anything like this is balancing a good diet with a good exercise routine. I'd probably do research on the internet about healthy balanced diets as there's such a big list of good things to eat. The usual things are chicken, fish, vegatables, fruits, pulses, brown/wholemeal rice/pasta etc. Cut out large quantities of booze, moderate your intake of junk, cut out sugary crap drinks and switch to water/squash. My phrase that i live to is everything in moderation. If you start watching your diet and also introduce exercise. The best sort of exercise to introduce will be CV stuff e.g. jogging, cycling but best of all swimming. Swimming will help tone all over. Also you'll need to start doing some weight sessions as well if you want tone to your muscles. Take it steady though if you don't do exercise usually.
    Just bear in mind that rome wasn't built in a day so 6 weeks of training isn't enough to be getting a six pack but if you're sensible you could lose the bloat round the stomach area and maybe drop a little weight.
    But i will state the above is just a personal opinion following how i train and eat. If you are worried or need proper advice ask your doc or your local trainer at the gym because i don't know your medical history/your size/fitness levels etc. so i'm just giving a general feedback :)