Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Approaching Someone

Hi all,

I have really liked someone for about 3 months now and we are sort of friends. I really want to be able to ask them on a date but really dont know how.

I am really nervous about these things. I am 17 years old and never had a relationship before and dont know what to do. She has has alot of partners and is alot more popular than I am.

We are taking part in a drama production together, in some cases working quite closely together in the near future. Im just not sure she likes me in that way and I really dont want to do anything and then find she feels akward around me or tells her mates that Im an idiot or something.

Please can someone help me....

I know not to use chat up lines etc but what do I do??

Regards

T
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, a drama class. Maybe kneel before her, very dramatically and say, "Though hath stoleth my hearth. Pleathe go outh with me for lovely dinner, you well-adjusted, kind-spirited blossom of a roseth."

My shakespearean is a bit rusty I'm afraid tho and It might sound like you are suffering from sigmatism.

Alternatively, after you had drama class (already a good starter, because you are together there), ask her if she fancies a snack. Announce that you are hungry and ask her if she accompanies you to dinner or something.
    Just be yourself worse thing that happen she will say no go for it you never know :wave:
    tom5 wrote: »
    Im just not sure she likes me in that way and I really dont want to do anything and then find she feels akward around me or tells her mates that Im an idiot or something.

First thing is, don't rush it. Allow your friendship to develop so that she gets to know you as a person and as a friend. Furthermore, it will give you time to build up your own confidence being around her. Suggest that you guys hang out together for a drink or a movie or whatever, away from college, ensuring that she understands that it's just as mates hanging out. If she agrees to go, you are half-way there because you know that she at least likes you enough to hang out with you. After a few more 'non-date' dates, you will be in a better position to tell whether your advances would be reciprocated.
    Replies so far

But then If I muck up and she no longe talks to me there is going to be a horrible tension