Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reason 4: Pass the parcel

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone want to play pass the parcel with Reason 4?

I will start a project. maybe I will create a lead, upload the .rns with any relevant samples, the next person downloads it and then adds something them selves and so on? Each person can also alter the arrangement where they see fit?

Comments

• Options
    :(

you logicist!
  • Options
    Well i dont really know what i could add as i'm looking for help with it but could be fun :)
  • Options
    Sounds like it could be a laugh. I'm up for it mate.

Any specifics on genre or tempo? Or is it just completely open?
  • Options
    You going to kick us off then mate...?
  • Options
    would love to join in, but

am nowhere near good enough and don't have reason

:lol:

would still be interested in hearing how this comes out though!
  • Options
    Any genre and as for BPM, let's go for 160 :D. I wonder what genre that could belong to ;)? The other thing is if we alter peoples patterns then only minor tweaks can be made and they have to resemble the original pattern, tweaking synth sounds is allowed as well.

I will start off in the next post, latest by tomorrow!
  • Options
    OK mate, sounds like a plan.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool, nice one mate.

I'm at work at the moment and then I'm actually away for the weekend. I will be back Sunday so I will take a listen then. If anyone else wants to carry it on in the mean time then I will check it all out when I get back
  • Options
    I have done a couple of bits to it now...

I made a pad and just put a simple pattern over the bass you did... if you wanna muck about with the patter or patch at all feel free..

I also added a little Rex high hat loop that I had originally made in cubase a while back... its got a bit of reverb on it and sits quite nicely I think...

I put everything into folders and dated the project file... that way we can build it up as we go and if we need to take a step back we have the old project files there.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zc6fnj
  • Options
    Ok mate nice one. I will work on it a little hopefully tonight. If you feel the the bass I did needs tweaking somewhat go a head and do it. Any way, will try and add a bit for tonight.

The pad and hats sit quite nicely, think I will add a break next, gonna do some chopping in Recycle!
  • Options
    Sounding good chaps!

Just one thing, a really basic question i know buuut how did you get that filter to show up on the sequencer so that you can do your automation? I know how to hook it all up etc but it never shows up on the sequencer.
  • Options
    Ah fuck it :p i've added another layer to it. Not normally my style of music and was just fannying around and made this simple sound. I think it goes pretty well, make any changes you want.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/64cirj
  • Options
    Any mp3s for us non-producers? ;)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Sounding good chaps!

Just one thing, a really basic question i know buuut how did you get that filter to show up on the sequencer so that you can do your automation? I know how to hook it all up etc but it never shows up on the sequencer.

In Reason you can right click anything at all and just click "Edit Automation" it will then add a new track all ready to go. So on the rack he would just right click the frequency knob and go from there...
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Ah fuck it :p i've added another layer to it. Not normally my style of music and was just fannying around and made this simple sound. I think it goes pretty well, make any changes you want.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/64cirj

Nice one mate! I will take a look tonight.
    Makoto wrote: »
    Ok mate nice one. I will work on it a little hopefully tonight. If you feel the the bass I did needs tweaking somewhat go a head and do it. Any way, will try and add a bit for tonight.

The pad and hats sit quite nicely, think I will add a break next, gonna do some chopping in Recycle!

I was thinking a break might be the next good step, looking forward to hearing it mate.
    Any mp3s for us non-producers? ;)

I'm sure an MP3 will appear at some point... its a bit early days at the moment :)
  • Options
    Goodfella....

I liked the sound you added... it has a nice atmospheric which sits well with the tune.
    Pattern wise I just wanted to see what you thought of this. I thought with the other pad it did sound a little over powering. So i cut it back a bit and added a delay...

I think it fits a bit better this way. I just saved it as a different version (the one with alt at the end of the file name) so if you don't like my changes it can be scrapped.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7j00bw
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Goodfella....

I liked the sound you added... it has a nice atmospheric which sits well with the tune.
    Pattern wise I just wanted to see what you thought of this. I thought with the other pad it did sound a little over powering. So i cut it back a bit and added a delay...

I think it fits a bit better this way. I just saved it as a different version (the one with alt at the end of the file name) so if you don't like my changes it can be scrapped.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7j00bw

:D yeah i love that, much better.