Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slendertone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know if this is really as good as they say it is?
I'm guessing that it would be, since it's electric shocks on the muscle, which causes contractions. But, I'm not convinced at the pictures of how good it is.
I mean, take a look at the site. The guys have ULTRA defined abs and pecks, if they only give you the ab-belt, how do they get the pecks so defined too? surely they'd have to be hitting the gym and such, so the belt would only be a "aid", for when you're watching TV or something.

So you'd still need to work out alot, in order to get good results? :chin:

It's a bit exspensive aswell, £114.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A waste of money!
    I mean come on! If they really were these miricle belts that give you super 6-packs then everyone would have one.
    The only way to get that kind of body is through hard work at the gym and a good diet!
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    The guys have ULTRA defined abs and pecks, if they only give you the ab-belt, how do they get the pecks so defined too? surely they'd have to be hitting the gym and such, so the belt would only be a "aid", for when you're watching TV or something.

Do you really think Slendertone would advertise using a fat bloke with man boobs? Of course they are going to use showroom quality guys to sell the idea to you. Look at any advert on TV from priobotic yoghurt to furniture sales. Never an ordinary or ugly bloke to be seen. :)
    Actually, they DO work with regards working your abdominal muscles - BUT, they won't burn body fat, so if you've got a layer of flab covering those abs, you're not going to see them without some hard work.

The simple mechanics behind it are that they make your muscles contract, which is working them. They defintely won't work the rest of your body though.

You'll be spot on in thinking of it as an 'aid' :)
    We have it.
    Now it is good but no way as goo das they say.
    And it isn't worth the money that we paid.
    I've never used one BUT TJ Hughs had some before xmas for £40 :thumb:
    i had one years ago that i got second hand for cheap. It did actually make a difference, i was quite pleased, but i wouldnt pay full price for one
    My parents had one years ago and I tried it for the first time and didn't realise how high it was and it scared me half to death I could've vibrated off the chair :lol: I haven't used it since.