Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When do eye's stop changing? I'm 23 and about 1 1/2 years ago my eyes started going bad. I got a very weak prescription (.75 and .25 or something) however, 1 year later I see no better with the glasses than I saw without when I got them. I don't want to keep wasting mondy on eyes that are just going to keep changing. Do they eventually stop?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    as far as i'm aware no. thats why you have to keep going for eye tests every year
    If your eyes get bad when your a child then they slow down a bit as you get older so in your 20's/30's/40's your eyes will remain the same or only change very slightly year on year. Then as you get older you actually get more long sighted so some people's eyes actually get a little bit better as the long sightedness cancels out the short sightedness - but most people just end up being both long and short sighted which is why they use bifocals.
    I have had to where glasses for years. And they still are changing and probably will do for ever.
    And I know it is annoying.
    They do keep changing but the changes should not be as great.

Over here the normal period is 2 years between exams for eyes that are considered stable, judging by my recent experience. And on that basis it would roughly coincide with you needing another test sometime soon.