Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Easy Clubs in Coventry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi,

I have an N.U.S card and my Provis. Driver's license is expected pretty soon. I know this is a long shot asking but does anyone know of clubs in Coventry that are not overly strict on ID. I know N.U.S isn't accepted in a lot of places, and I don't feel keen on taking a Passport out.
Also I'm 17 years old.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well... If you're only 17, taking your ID would be a waste of time as you'll just be proving that you're not old enough to get into the bars/clubs!
  • Options
    yeh, I also think I may be underestimating the intelligence of door men, because I'm 18 later on this year, so my hypothesis was that if they see a photo, hologram and the year of D.O.B was 18 years ago then I'd be let in easy. I am well aware this is flawed if the doorman has basic mathematical ability. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's very very easy to work out. Imagine being a doorman, it goes something like this: if you were born after today's date in 1991, you aren't getting in. You haven't got a chance unless they don't ID you.
  • Options
    Bear in mind that this is pretty much a doorman's only responsibility for most of the night. I think they might be able to get their head around it somehow.
  • Options
    dairy wrote: »
    yeh, I also think I may be underestimating the intelligence of door men, because I'm 18 later on this year, so my hypothesis was that if they see a photo, hologram and the year of D.O.B was 18 years ago then I'd be let in easy. I am well aware this is flawed if the doorman has basic mathematical ability. :rolleyes:

Wow! Quite surprised by this. You know, not all guys that happen to work on doors are neanderthals...!?

I know a few blokes that work doors as they happen to be of larger than average stature, as it boosts their income nicely. Only a couple of these are what could be classed as 'not too intelligent', and most are very bright indeed. Oh, and don't think they only get paid minimum wage, either ;)
  • Options
    I know a few door men from around town here and they are in no way stupid! There good at their job too and are pretty good at spotting who to ask for id.
  • Options
    Ok well now that it's established that my original hypothesis was flawed, can anyone actually answer my question if they know of any clubs in the Coventry area where they are not overly strict ID wise.
  • Options
    The thing is even if you don't get asked for ID at the door alot of places still ask at the bar if there not sure if you are old enough, so the chances of getting asked once you are in is still high!
  • Options
    dairy wrote: »
    Ok well now that it's established that my original hypothesis was flawed, can anyone actually answer my question if they know of any clubs in the Coventry area where they are not overly strict ID wise.
    You're probably better off asking your friends, as unless there's anyone from Coventry here we ain't gonna be any help :chin: