Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

blanking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are?
I bumped into an ex recently whilst out. He made a big effort to talk to all of my friends but ignored me. it made me feel terrible to be honest - really singled out. it was quite a while ago, but i realised i obviously am not over it, just don't know why someone would do that. i went and talked to him and he responded a little bit, now i feel terrible and wished i hadn't been so nice.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Perhaps he was just nervous/uncomfortable and didnt know what to say to you?

how did you split? did you give him a reason to blank you?
    Well, can't really hold it against him. Maybe the break up wasn't so easy on his side too. He's just human too. Even if he made it on purpose to "show how wounded he is", can't hold it against him, like already said.

Don't bother too much and try to get over it.
    Thank you for your replies.

The thing is he didn't get hurt at all. He ended it with me because he was still in love with someone else. I was the one who was hurt.
    Perhaps he is still uncomfortable as he knew he hurt you. It's not that black and white, I'm afraid.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Posy wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies.

The thing is he didn't get hurt at all. He ended it with me because he was still in love with someone else. I was the one who was hurt.

That doesn't mean he wasn't upset about the whole situation.

As Mr Angel Man says, it's not all black and white.
    thanks