Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men in nightclub rant. With a happy ending.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AAAAAAhhhhhhhh. I'm pissed with men.
I went to a techno night with a male friend of mine the other night. He knows I like women better than men, and frankly with his whole Italian campness and his detailed knowledge of all labels under the sun, frankly, I thought he was gay. So we were in the club, and I saw this absolutely stunning girl, and it felt like there were sparks, and so i was desperately trying to work up the courage to speak to her, when bloody mr. italian tries to kiss me, infront of her. I mean, he knew I liked this girl and I had told him that if we were in a room of beautiful women, I wouldn't take a second look at a man, so it just seemed absolutely pointless on his part.

So anyhooz, I manage to talk to this girl, and literally I've never felt so strong an attraction to someone on first sight, and we were getting on very well despite the language barrier (she´s french, i´m scottish and we were talking in spanish). So italian comes up and tries to kiss me again, in front of girlie.:banghead: Maybe i should point out that i personally would assume that if a girl comes to chat me up, and then twenty minutes later a boy who she has been hanging around with comes up and snogs her, well i would assume that they were a couple and egging for a threesome. Which has happened to me before, and just urg. So I was absolutely fuming with him, and in the end he went home because i refused to talk to him after that. I just dont understand what he was trying to get out of it?

So anyhoo, one week later, girlie and i are getting on famously, seeing eachother every day, she is beautiful and intelligent and feminine and generally amazing. Italian and i have made up etc. but he keeps inviting me on dates, and it´s like this other girl is a challenge or something, and he needs to preserve his masculinity or something. !!!:no:

So italian aside, girlie and I decide to go to a club with a few friends, and are having a wonderful time. And then girlie and i get a bit close and have a bit of a smooch. 5 minutes later we are surrounded by a pack of men hooting and making filthy comments and trying to take photos. Ok this is bound to happen when two not necessarily unattractive women cosy up in a straight place. But i forgot how awful it could be. I mean it made me feel dirty, like we were animals in a zoo or something. So we stopped and went elsewhere, but got a bit drunk and had another kiss, only to realise that there was some club cameraman leering at us with his video camera. I just felt physically sick. If it had been a girl and a guy nobody would have paid the slightest bit of attention... y must we feel like we are at the mercy of everybody's gaze?

Now i completely understand why the majority of lesbians cut their hair short and wear baggy clothes, (and I must say that you can look just as beautiful like that as with a face caked with makeup and a skirt the size of a belt) because had we been in that and not dresses and make up im sure it would have been fine. I just don't think men realise the damage they can do with all their obscene gestures and groping. It makes women feel used and dirty, like you are public property, or like an object: objectified. But at the same time I feel like if we don't go through this now, doing all the normal things that couples do - holding hands in the street and kissing in nightclubs, then it will never be normalised and be just as hard for generations to come.

Rant over.

Thanks if you made it to the end of that shpeel. I don't hate men, I just don't like being objectified as a woman.

And on a happier note, french girl and i are doing very well, and wow, she is just amazing, i dont think I have ever met anyone like her. :D

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations on things going well with the French girl, and I would like to apologise for the less enlightened members of my sex. Gets a bit boring, doesn't it? :(
  • Options
    I'm 14. Im still in school and i get harrased by guys to. They dont really care. But if you let them do it then they think its ok. Like if you like your dog on the couch a few times he thinks its ok. They have no respect! I'm sorry they did that to you. But to some people they think its unusual for two of the same sex to do that. If more were as open as you then they would get use to it!
  • Options
    Hi hun i know what u mean im bi +i get fed up guys caling me a lesbian if i was id say im not i just like both i am attracted to girls alot more at mo even though i got a fella sound like he jealous+he want u al to himself maybe?x:wave:
    As longas ur happy that what matters keep posted about french girl u go folow your :heart:
  • Options
    I don't understand those guys can get off to girls kissing, yet if it's two guys they're almost vomiting and wanting to punch you. It's still homosexuality!

Good luck with the girl :)
  • Options
    that sounds like such a nightmare, they think its all for their pleasure. Yeah I can totally understand why plenty of lesbians go for the butch look if it at least wards off unwelcome attention like that
  • Options
    WOOT! WOOT! LEZBOS.

;)

all the best with your gal.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I don't understand those guys can get off to girls kissing, yet if it's two guys they're almost vomiting and wanting to punch you. It's still homosexuality!

Right I'm not gonna try and justify anyone's behaviour here, perhaps more an explanation than an excuse.

I consider myself a normal bloke. I'm in to the normal stuff (cars, football, women, shiny gadgets with buttons that go 'bleep' when you press them etc).

One of the aspects of being a bloke is....we find the sight of 2 women getting off to be quite horny. Ok let me rephrase that...we find the sight of 2 attractive women getting off to be quite horny. Shallow? Well yeah (like you women are NEVER attracted to good looks/fat wallets/fast cars....) but it's not like we chose to find 2 (or more if you're lucky :hyper: ) good looking women together horny. We don't suddenly wake up one day and think "I know, let's getting hot about lesbians".

At the same time we don't make the consious effort to find 2 gay men kissing to be unattractive. It's just the way it is, like it or not.

Obviously there's no justifying it but in the OP's case, if you mix drunk blokes with 2 (presumably good looking) women kissing, it's gonna get a reaction. Just like if you wear a mini skirt the size of 4 teabags, we will notice. Not wishing to sound harsh in any way but to expect anything less is, at best, naive.

Men = frustrating and annoying? Yes, probably. But you ladies ain't perfect yaselves ;):D

Except Kelly Brook. Giggidy.
  • Options
    Glenn ha ha im bi im open about that every1 knows that my work top say i like girls who like girls guy perv off that
  • Options
    :confused:
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Glenn ha ha im bi im open about that every1 knows that my work top say i like girls who like girls guy perv off that

How about rewriting that in English with some punctuation, eh? Please, hun. :)
  • Options
    Glenn, you worded that like I'm a woman, I'm not, haha.
    I understand your point, but it's still homosexual.
    I could do loads of comparisons of were people would like one thing, but hate the other just because it's a different object though it's in the same group, but I can't be bothered.

(Also I notice I used the word hate, I understand it's not hate, but I can't think of a more fitting word this mom.)
  • Options
    So let me get this straight, blokes were reacting because you ( a guy) kissed a woman in front of everyone??

Were you in Merthyr Tydfil by any chance?? :confused:
  • Options
    Talia is not a guy...
  • Options
    OK my above post was aimed at the OP...Java hijacking it kinda threw me...
  • Options
    Yeh, ok i get the perving on women kissing bit, but having spoken to french girl about it, turns out that not only did he try to kiss me in front of her, but was completely rude to her, and said some things in pretty poor taste.

Oh dear, i guess he was just jealous. Thats what you get for fancying a lesbian! Will put it down to his personal bad character and attempt not to project it onto every man i meet in future - some of you are lovely!
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    some of you are lovely!

I am indeed :)

Sadly a lot of us think a lesbian is a legitimate challenge, but of course, "all you need it a bit of cock in you". One slightly less-than-sharp mate of mine, if ever he encountered a lesbian he honestly thought he'd get somewhere by offering to take her up the arse as he genuinely thought "all gays take it up the arse".
  • Options
    I am indeed :)

Sadly a lot of us think a lesbian is a legitimate challenge, but of course, "all you need it a bit of cock in you". One slightly less-than-sharp mate of mine, if ever he encountered a lesbian he honestly thought he'd get somewhere by offering to take her up the arse as he genuinely thought "all gays take it up the arse".

:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed, he sounds more children's plastic spoon blunt than scalpel sharpe :D
  • Options
    Yeh, ok i get the perving on women kissing bit, but having spoken to french girl about it, turns out that not only did he try to kiss me in front of her, but was completely rude to her, and said some things in pretty poor taste.

Oh dear, i guess he was just jealous. Thats what you get for fancying a lesbian! Will put it down to his personal bad character and attempt not to project it onto every man i meet in future - some of you are lovely!

Hi hope you and the french girl are going strong still and that you're both ok x
  • Options
    Men = frustrating and annoying? Yes, probably. But you ladies ain't perfect yaselves. Except Kelly Brook. Giggidy.
    I agree with all that. Especially the part about Kelly Brook.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I agree with all that. Especially the part about Kelly Brook.

Kelly brook is a beautiful lady i got with a girl friday she came on to me all the lads where like yeah get in there it awful sometimes
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Hi hope you and the french girl are going strong still and that you're both ok x

Heeee yeh its going really great. It was like sparks flew when we met, and after like a week, we were both like, ok this is definitely going to go somewhere... I've never liked someone this much before!

She doesnt speak very good english and I dont speak french, so we have to speak spanish. It was pretty difficult at first cos has quite a strong (incredibly sexy) accent, so lots of confusion ensued. But yeh, we spent the whole weekend snuggled up together :) On sunday it was nearly 20 degrees so we had brunch on her balcony overlooking the sea. How romantic!

Ok I'll stop.
  • Options
    Please don't.....

And pictures dammit! We want pictures.....

Well, Quagmire does...
  • Options
    Heeee yeh its going really great. It was like sparks flew when we met, and after like a week, we were both like, ok this is definitely going to go somewhere... I've never liked someone this much before!

She doesnt speak very good english and I dont speak french, so we have to speak spanish. It was pretty difficult at first cos has quite a strong (incredibly sexy) accent, so lots of confusion ensued. But yeh, we spent the whole weekend snuggled up together :) On sunday it was nearly 20 degrees so we had brunch on her balcony overlooking the sea. How romantic!

Ok I'll stop.

:wave: aww wow amazing so glad your happy keep me posted on how it goes you can private message me anytime x:yes: