Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Attractive guy features

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So obviously people go for different things but what sort of features would commonly attract you to a guy?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    > Good hair (I love skinheads and at the same go weak at the knees for long floppy styles)
    > Stubbley face
    > Accents!
    > A nice broad smiles (dimples preferred but I cannot afford to be fussy!)
    > A decent sense of humour
    nothing in particular. Beauty comes in many forms. I dont think i really have a "type"
    All the guys ive been out with have been quite different, although always beautiful
    Hmm i'd say the same, I'm a sucker for quiffy, greased back stylee hair, nice big smile, bit of stubble, kinda muscly but not beefed up, ermmm..... oooh tall, bout 6ft, and of course just generally lovely and good sense of humour but also protective and manly :yum:

Hmmm does such a man exist???
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Hmm i'd say the same, I'm a sucker for quiffy, greased back stylee hair, nice big smile, bit of stubble, kinda muscly but not beefed up, ermmm..... oooh tall, bout 6ft, and of course just generally lovely and good sense of humour but also protective and manly :yum:

Hmmm does such a man exist???

What like Elvis hair? lol...I'm pretty beat on the stubble front, 22 and still don't have to shave properly hehe. I thought the protective thing was a turn off?

How about piercings, tatts, type of clothes?
    Ooooh no I love the Elvis/Grease hair or just combed back like The Rat Pack. And by protective I dont mean being insanely jealous all the time but just generally looking after you.

Also, my type of guy stems from my own personal interests and hobbies so I cant really speak for all the girls out there in terms of clothes and stuff but I like tatts, not too many peircings cos it can look gay, and clothes, well just smartly dressed and casual but not too fashion conscious..... like those guys who wear jeans and a suit jacket or tie and cardigan or whatever.
    Yeah i guess that whatever you do there will always be somone who likes the way you look and someone who doesn't. I just feel plain because i have looked the same for years. I used to have the top and bottom of my ear pierced but took them out. No tatts, short gelled hair and just wear jeans and t-shirt all the time. Think i am made to be plain though lol.

I dont think ill be rocking a cardigan and tie?? anytime soon hehe
    A nice smile and nice eyes are a winner really.
    Aye, there is a girl for every look a guy could have! And nothing wrong with plain ;)

Though nice teeth and some pretty eyes (an color) and I am a fan of a little extra cushin ;) A for clothes, my dude sports the computer guy button down dockers shirts (and the short sleeved version in the summer :o ) But thats what he likes and therefore I like him in it.
    I like hair. All kinds of hair. I am especially partial to long hair, beards, and hairy tummies. Soft, wobbly, hairy tummies :heart:
    well, i love the way my man looks. the things i like the most are-
    * his smile. he has SUCH a lovely smile. he has nice white teeth too. his smile is just perfect :heart:
    * his hair. he is dark-haired and takes care of his hair. he styles it everyday day so its all spiky and sexy :yum: i love it! i also like his hair first thing in the morning when its just been washed and its all flat. he looks cute :blush:
    * the fact he is tall. im 5'8" so im quite tall for a girl. my boyfriend is 6'3" so a good 6 inches higher than me. he's still taller than me when ive got my heals on too which is good!
    * he has lovely eyes.
    * he has a good taste in clothes

plus, he has the most pinchable bum EVER!!! :yum::D
    Hair, smile and eyes. Ooh, and he HAS to be taller than me.

A good bum doesn't go a miss, either.
    I like hair. All kinds of hair. I am especially partial to long hair, beards, and hairy tummies. Soft, wobbly, hairy tummies :heart:

I guess people can be attracted to really different things lol. I guess i must be a bit brain-washed by the media thinking that girls want a guy that looks like he models for Mens Health.

I never met my gfs ex but he looked like a guy that would have a wobbly, hairy belly lol. He had long hair and a lot of facial hair. I basically look like the complete opposite. So i guess people can have more than one "type". At the risk of sounding shallow i just didn't think that people who like cuddly people like skinnier people to? I just couldn't imagine my gf with her ex, we are like at the opposite ends of the scale.......I feel so shallow thinking about it like that but it gets me thinking about my image.

I see hair being mentioned a lot? My hair is at pinch length and number 1 round the sides. I think i would look silly if i grew it although im not sure i want a squady look forever. Any tips on that?

Damn you self conscience lol
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    So i guess people can have more than one "type".

Exactly, but many women also don't have a "type" I have cuddly computer guy but I've also had skinny tattoed guy and normal druggie but I pretend to be a preppy guy and i'm pretty sure you are gay guy and lets not tell anybody because you are ugly guy and what not :p Being ok with who you are is #1 to me. No matter what I say I'm not getting him out of Dockers shirts and thats ok because he's not getting me out of my bag-lady hoodies.

Your girlfriends ex is an ex because of something and she is with you because of something. Wheter it be looks, your personality or something else, she is with you and she enjoys your company. She likes you no matter if you like yourself. There may always be feelings and thoughs of the ex and what she likes and what she was with but the main thing to remember is her current, you. You do it for her. You are A #1.
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    I guess people can be attracted to really different things lol. I guess i must be a bit brain-washed by the media thinking that girls want a guy that looks like he models for Mens Health.

I never met my gfs ex but he looked like a guy that would have a wobbly, hairy belly lol. He had long hair and a lot of facial hair. I basically look like the complete opposite. So i guess people can have more than one "type". At the risk of sounding shallow i just didn't think that people who like cuddly people like skinnier people to? I just couldn't imagine my gf with her ex, we are like at the opposite ends of the scale.......I feel so shallow thinking about it like that but it gets me thinking about my image.

I see hair being mentioned a lot? My hair is at pinch length and number 1 round the sides. I think i would look silly if i grew it although im not sure i want a squady look forever. Any tips on that?

Damn you self conscience lol

I've liked a few skinny people but they were generally quite hairy in some form, or with piercings I liked. Wit also helps people in my books, but each to their own. On the whole though, the smooth, tanned man with the six pack makes me run the other way. They just make me feel....inferior, I guess. I'm not toned or skinny or curvy or particularly large. Just very average. If that makes sense at all?

I'd not worry too much, about the hair, if you like it and it's practical, then it's fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the hair thing, you gf ought to like you for who you are not just what you look like. :)

x
    i love long hair...has to be at least long enough to run my fingers through.
    I've mainly dated shorter guys, but i really like quite tall guys
    i love big arms, big pecs are nice, but as long as they are in a healthy enough state...i'm not really worried about muscles
    eyes...have have have to have pretty eyes
    i love big mutton chop sideburns, and goatees are ok, but i'm not as keen on facial hair as i used to be
    a nice groapable arse is good!
    piercings and tatts are very good.
    but above all, its personality that gets me!
    I don't usually go for guys, but the ones that make me think twice have lovely eyes and a genuine smile.
    I have a thing for strong jawlines....my ex had a really yummy face and a strong jaw. Obv not huuuge jaws but a nice strong jaw line just makes me go wobbly - it has to work with the rest though.
    Awww thanks guys!

I do try hard not to get caught up on things but it can be quite a challenge. I hate being insecure. It doesn't help that she is a cool, sexy and amazingly attractive girl. Like you i feel a bit inferior :(

I am hoping it will go with time as it's a fairly new relationship. She was in a 5 year relationship that she said ended in November, so i worry that it's all a bit fresh still. I love the support and outside views. Any input on my "new relationship tips" thread would be appreciated.
    Well you can't change your face, so don't worry about it.
    I used to have a definite type, but I am more open now. I like very short hair, but I also like longer hair that you can play with (not properly long pony tail type hair though).

I like nice defined arms..I like nice teeth...I hate protruding nostril hairs :D I hate smoking...those two things would be enough to put me off someone. I like brown eyes.

The thing is, people can have these lists of things they like, but one day you might meet someone and they could have none of those things but you feel undeniably attracted to them. Nature, chemistry.
    I like it when guys put in an effort. I think it reflects on them as persons.

The first thing I always notice is hair and what I have a soft spot for are shirts. I love guys in well fitted shirts, very sexy.

I'm dead pleased that my bloke dresses up formally for his work. It means I can buy stuff that I'd enjoy seeing him in without being scared he won't wear it. :heart: I can't wait for his birthday next month. :D

Although I'll agree with all those that say you shouldn't worry too much about finding a universal look everybody will like. I personally love the 'office bloke' look while I know my friends don't dig it as much. My personal rule for looks is that I try to do what I can to feel good in my own skin. Sometimes I put on clothes that I know are 'blah' and I end up feeling 'blah' the entire day. Then I put on clothes that I love and make me feel good and I'm radiating because I know I look good. :) It boosts my confidence and confidence is what life's all about.
    Just be yourself that most attractive thing x:yes: :wave:
    I agree with Jaloux. Confidence is also quite attractive as long as it doesnt spill over into arrogance. If you feel comforatable in what you want to wear then it will show, and after all, you want to be with someone who'll like you for you, not because you try to attract them with what you think they;ll like.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    not too many peircings cos it can look gay,

What do you mean 'gay'? Are you saying that gay people are pierced up more than anyone else? :confused: Well, they're not.
    In response to the original question, I like soft, sleepy eyes ... good teeth .. nice smile ... good skin ... cleanliness ... slim/med build .. nice bum ... and a good sense of humour that can make me laugh :heart:
    No, i'm not saying that, just that sometimes, depending on the bloke, it just doesnt suit
    Strong jawline is nice. Dark Iris, big pupils, dark hair, I used to like long hair but I have a thing for skinheads now. The "anger" look, not where they look like they will beat you up, but normally low eye line. Clean skin (don't mind spots, just not lots.), nice teeth, medium build.