Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Challet host...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey all, i no this is really early to be thinking about this as i'm 1st year college, but i want to do this as my gap year, i know the pays shit and i'd probaly get treated like walking talking crap by some guested, but i'm used to that sort of thing,
i no i'd have to cook quite well and i already know how to do that, been cooking since i was about 12-13, and i'd have to wash alot of stuff, but on the upside i would get to snowboard pretty much everyday, free food and living and i get a free ski pass with the majority of companies that do this

what i wanna know is has anyone done this and what was there experince of it?? also whats a good company to do it with?
thanks all
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I tried to do this for my gap year and the probelm i found was that no companies would take me on becuase i was so young - they were all looking for people who were a bit older and therefore more responsible. I know one person who was 17 who did manage to find a job but that was mainly on the basis of being able to speak fluent french and german (she got sacked after just 2 weeks for generally being a little crap). Lots of people want to do it so companies can be pretty choosy and it definately helps if you speak a foreign language.

Though i have to say that i've seen a few people taken on just becuse they can speak a foreing language i.e. straight out of university but they dont' really have the maturity to handle it.

When i was looking into going the best advice i had was to a) not work in a chalet unless you can possibly help it as its really long hours and leaves no time to ski and b) just go to a resort and try and pick up a job there if you have no luck in the UK often you can get hired on the spot if people leave mid season. If you do work in a chalet its best to try and get a job in a big one where you wont' be the only person doing eveything and so you have someone else to talk to.
  • Options
    WTF!
    what on earth does that have to do with challet host??
    u great big penis, u deserve a wang slap in ur sleep