Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Has anyone ever had one?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right.
The Hospital rang today and suggested that I got for a "Body MOT".
I said to my mum I am not a car.
But anyway has anyone ever had a "Body MOT".
If so do you think you could fill me in on what it might consist of.
Only because I am kind of worried of what kind of things I could have done.
And when it comes to medical things I hate everything to do with them.
I would rather go to the Dentist than ever go to the Doctors.
Last time I agreed to go to the Doctors, I had an ECG done and a Blood Test. And everything always seems to come back normal but the still insist I have all these tests done.
And it is really starting to get on my nerves now.
Why keep telling me I need these test. Do them and then go "Oh. Well there normal."
Well why just like not do them anymore.

I thought Doctors were ment to know what they were talking about. I feel like I am :banghead:

Least if there was something wrong it wouldn't be so bad but there never is.
:confused: me.
:mad: I HATE Doctors.
:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it normally invovles taking your blood pressure, weight, height, talking to you about your lifestyle, and such and your family health history, and then giving you a list of changes you could implement...

its really nothing special...

(and you really really can't complain until you have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy with normal results....)
    Right thanks.
    Well yeah.
    But still.
    I am the most moanest person on this earth.
    And I not gonna lie about it.
    I am.
    I just hate anything to do with the doctors.
    and you really really can't complain until you have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy with normal results....

That'll be me, then :grump:

OP: you don't have to have tests you really don't want, even if it's medically advised. It's always a choice! Although if they are suggesting a whole load of tests, you must be having problems, no?
    Why is it the doctors' faults? Without the gift of hindsight how can they know the test will give a negative result? Wouldn't you rather have 10 tests and eventually find the problem than have none and not find out?
    Yeah I know it sounds like I am just being a moany cow about things. Well I probably am but still.

Yeah I know it is probably better to have more tests and find out what the problem is then to have 1 and not find out.

But really I would rather not find out.
    I know weird.
    But that is just me.
    Anyway thanks for the advice and I knwo Doctors wouldn't want to waste time or money but still.

Thanks.
    I'm assuming that there's something up at the moment, you don't tend to get hospitals ringing up out of the blue suggesting check ups.
    Well yeah.
    If you read other Threads by me you would see why a Hospital would ring me.

:)