Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Could this help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could Art Therapy help with Mental Health?
Would it be useful

Comments

• Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi,
    I don't see why not, it is worth a try at any rate and can be got in some primary care trusts on the NHS. Just like more conventional forms of talking therapy, it tries to help patients to access things about themselves that they didn't otherwise know.
    There's a bit of information about it at the British Association of Art Therapists website, but probably more useful is Rethink, a comprehensive website about mental health that includes a section on the various types of therapy.
    If you ever want to let us know a bit more about your specific situation then please feel free, and I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice.
    Sophie
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for your opinion. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've never had art therapy as such but i found studying for my art GCSE one of the most theraputic things i have ever done, i was going through a very difficult time in my life and being able to express myself like that really helped. it gave me a far less destructive means of letting out negative feelings, and knowing that i was getting better at it (i was hardly an artist but i did improve) made me feel proud of myself and like i could achieve things. so yes, if you are creative then i recommend it :thumb: