Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Digging out my teenage tunes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
as I've moved back home I've just found a wealth of bad CDs that I've been adding onto my iTunes (And will then hide from everybody).

Currently listening to that Matthew Marsden bloke (I think he was on Corrie) with Destiny's Child... :S

What's the most embarrassing song on your iTunes?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't stand bloody iTunes, hence why I don't have an account with them.

However, I've got more than my fair share of embarrassing records in my collection. The first CD single that I purchased (that's going back a while, innit?) is also probably the very worst one in my entire collection. The first single I bought was "Flat Beat" by Mr Oizo. To those who don't know it, it was a track which featured on Levi's jeans adverts at the time.

Thankfully, my musical tastes have matured somewhat since then, although perhaps not in a direction which is agreeable to all.
    I have quite a few embarrassing songs on my computer, including The Smurfs song & I lost my heart to a startship trooper.
    Freestyla by the Bomfunk MC's - i still love that song so so much.. even though it is embarassing ^^

But yeah.. i have PJ and Duncan - Psyche.. and i thought they were good.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Most of you won't know it, but as a kid I used to rave it up to this. happiest dance track ever made. The video is even cheesier.

Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo - Hardcore Feelings
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=47k94dIkz6A

Apart from that...
    Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl
    Has good mermories attached to that track. Pulled many a girl to that track as a nipper. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    Oh dear, the shame of our younger musical tastes.

The first tape (!) single I bought was Celine Dion's Tu M'aime Encore (probably spelt that wrong :chin: )... What can I say, I was a twelve year old girl :p
    Oh dear, the shame of our younger musical tastes.

I'm not ashamed. :D

I like music if it makes me feel good. Not because it's in fashion.
    Weekender Offender 
    Haha, some classic tunes in there!
    Xxx
    probably the most embarresing one is savage garden's first album. Bought for take me to the moon and back...which i still love!
    Limp Bizkit's album when I was in high school is the most embarrassing one I still have (the really embarrassing stuff was on tape, such as Louise Redknapp's album - I had a poster of her on my wall and everything).
    My first tape was Britney Spears, and one of my first CD's was Daphne and Celeste.

Yeh...I don't have either of those anymore.
    First tape I bought was Snow - Informer.

First CD I bought was Coolio - Gangters Paradise.
    Weekender Offender 
    probably the most embarresing one is savage garden's first album. Bought for take me to the moon and back...which i still love!

that's hardly embarrassing. you could make a strong case that savage garden were one of the most underrated (in a critical sense) pop bands of the 90s
    i would agree, i saw darren hayes at gay pride in 2007...he's brilliant!
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    that's hardly embarrassing. you could make a strong case that savage garden were one of the most underrated (in a critical sense) pop bands of the 90s

:yes:

I still own and play my savage garden albums, and definitely still buy and listen to Darren Hayes, they/he really have produced some great songs :)
    The thing ive been most embarresed about was on WLM u can show 'what your listening to' and i play playin stupid songs to my frieneds on a diff program (teamspeak) and i played ''vengaboys - boom boom boom'' n about 3 people accused me of being gay.. -_-

(not that its a problem its just annoying that they think i am.)
    Most of what I listen to now is what my parents used to listen to when they were my age. I used to get looks of :eek2: from friends of mine for my music taste. Either that it was 'never heard of that.' Don't get it so much now.