Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cheese and pasta

In my upbringing, I had mac n cheese most weeks. Had no problem with it at all. When I moved out aged 20, I started making my own and again had no problems for most of that time. In the last couple of years though, this meal goes right through me within 20 minutes of having eaten it. I often have to go even before the meal is finished.

I don't have a problem with any other food. Could it be that I've developed an allergic reaction to mac n cheese? I know it's not the cheese because if I eat a cheese sandwich, I'm ok.

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your body could of built up an Intolence to it. Well even though you say you eat cheese sandwich, it might be the cheese and the pasta mixed together that your body doesn't like. Try eating the two things seperately. Like just having Pasta with butter instead of cheese and you already know you can eat cheese on its own.

Update on how it goes.
    if its a lactose intolerance you need to try and have cheese and pasta completely separate from any dairy or wheat products...

see if you have a reaction to one or the other...if not...do you use anything else in the recipe?
    if its a lactose intolerance you need to try and have cheese and pasta completely separate from any dairy or wheat products...

see if you have a reaction to one or the other...if not...do you use anything else in the recipe?

This.

You can buy dairy free cheese and wheat free pasta from health food shops
    Cheers guys and gals. I'll try these out :-)
    For years, I ate pizza / cheese on toast / cheese toasties with no trouble. Then I had a dodgy toastie on holiday which majorly upset my stomach. After that, every time I had melted cheese on anything, I was ill. It went on for about three years, then one day I ate pizza without thinking and I was fine. I did have a few occasions since but not every time and I've narrowed it down to Montery Jack cheese (so no four cheese pizzas). Point is, yes, you can develop sudden reactions to stuff.. :(