Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

constipation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
really embarassin Q i know.

got really problems right now.

im only going abotu once a week and thats when i take laxatives. i can only go when i take laxatives and thats only when i take more than the reccommended dose.

im tryin to get lots of fibre in my diet and im even taking fibresure tablets.

im under alot of stress right now and have abused laxatives in the past but that was years ago.

what can i do? its getting so painful and it makes me look so fat due to being bloated.

im scared of going to the doctor incase something is really wrong :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you drinking enough?
    yeah. drinking about 2 litres of water a day.
    I can get this quite badly myself, but what works for me is making sure i drink plenty of orange juice - between half to a litre a day and eat about 5-10 dried apricots a day.

I find this works at least as well as taking laxatives, and if i dont do it, i just dont go
    Hello ;

it would be problem if you'd be late.you can get to the doctors and take recommend from the doctor.

hope you'll fine

sinclerly
    I can get this quite badly myself, but what works for me is making sure i drink plenty of orange juice - between half to a litre a day and eat about 5-10 dried apricots a day.

I find this works at least as well as taking laxatives, and if i dont do it, i just dont go

This has worked for me in the past but a little important note, especially about apricots, try not to buy the ones that are all lovely coloured and stuff... make sure you get the ones that are unsulphured (not treated with suphure to make them look all orange and yummy). Although in small quantities it's apparently not harmful, if you're eating 5 a day, in the long run you'll be building up a hell of a lot of this nasty chemical in your body... who knows what it'll do to you...

By the way you might find it harder than expected to find a supplier because un treated apricots look minging, look for a supplier of Rainbow Wholefoods, they're not bad. Your local supermarket probably won't have them :yeees:

Good luck!
    the unsulphured ones taste minging too though. I cant eat them :(
    You can buy the unsulphured ones at Julian Graves and Holland & Barretts :)