Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really low body confidence....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you bigger/curvier ladies exude confidence and love yourselves without having a crises of confidence every 5 minutes?

Everytime I've been naked with a man...the morning after I find it REALLY hard because 9 times out of 10 the men are adamant to watch me getting dressed and I find it REALLY hard to handle!! Why do they want to watch a fat lass getting dressed?! Tis beyond me. Don't even get me started on receiving compliments...saying 'thanks' is hard when you cannot agree with the compliment!

I find it hard to like the body I'm in - I'd really appreciate your experiences of body confidence boosting please!

Comments

• Options
    i know exactly how you feel.

my body confidence has hit rock bottom and i can't even get compliments out of my boyfriend. even when i say bad things about myself, he doesn't say anything to make me feel better :( he has told me he'll never give compliments to those who fish for them but he never gives them anyway.

maybe going to the gym/classes, buying some new clothes and getting pampered (nice hair cut, etc) might boost your confidence. *shrugs* i dont know tbh. ive kinda given up hope :( although ive lost 9lbs since new year (not really through choice...just been really stressed and not been able to eat properly due to lack of funds) and thats made me feel a little better.
  • Options
    Yeh I've been trying to lose weight...and I have lost a couple of inches overall but I think it's going to take more then dramatic weightloss to boost my confidence y'know? It'll help, thats for sure, but I think there is something more fundamental to boost my confidence.

BBB - have a hug from a fellow-lack-of-confidencer!!
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    How do you bigger/curvier ladies exude confidence and love yourselves without having a crises of confidence every 5 minutes?

Everytime I've been naked with a man...the morning after I find it REALLY hard because 9 times out of 10 the men are adamant to watch me getting dressed and I find it REALLY hard to handle!! Why do they want to watch a fat lass getting dressed?! Tis beyond me. Don't even get me started on receiving compliments...saying 'thanks' is hard when you cannot agree with the compliment!

I find it hard to like the body I'm in - I'd really appreciate your experiences of body confidence boosting please!

I've been finding it more and more difficult to feel good about my body because I know I'm putting on weight and I hate it. Despite the fact that Rich still loves my body (god knows why) I hate how I look dressed, let alone naked and even when we're lying in bed I find it really uncomfortable for him to be touching my tummy. If it wasn't for the fact that he's been watching me get undressed for two and a half years and it's become habit, he would barely catch a glimpse of me naked before I hid under the covers.

I know that doesn't help but I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. At least you have the fact that you're losing weight (woo go you etc :)) to perk you up a little? I know that helps me at the times when I actually am losing weight - think about it as, "how great will I look when I'm my ideal weight?".