Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what exercise can i do that doesn't involve my hip?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got told today that theres a good chance i may not be able to go back to my beloved ju jitsu after my accident last week :(

i'm really really upset, because this is the first form of exercise i've found that i've really enjoyed and had got me into shape and is still improving me 4 months on...plus its improved my body confidence and made me feel really safe at night because i know if needs be i could defend myself.

I'm mega paranoid about putting on loads of weight, a) because my upper body is bulking up like no tomorrow, I am getting the arms of a man carrying myself around on crutches, but i'm worried about my tummy getting flabby again.

I'm starting physio and hydrotherapy very soon, and i'll have some exercise to do from there, but is there anything else i can do?

plus, is there anything i can do to stop the intense aching in my shoulders, wrists and hands i'm waking up with everyday???

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    you must hold the record for making the most threads in the shortest space of time!

And the record for the most threads talking about crutches, ever.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »

Haha, I just edited that out because I thought I was a bit harsh but you quoted me before I did it :p
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Does it matter? She's asking genuine questions and if you don't want to read it you don't have to.

EDIT: Not directed so much at you, GF, as the comment you quoted, but it was deleted before I could say anything.
  • Options
    sounds great, i jsut don't have a bath! i want one badly! i thought about getting a plastic tub, but i don't think its a good idea just incase i flood downstairs up tipping it over or something!
  • Options
    swimming?
  • Options
    thats what i was thinking but i'm not sure how i'd get in and out of the pool?