Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Low confidence + talking to other sex?

Somethings been playing on my mind the past few days..

All through my teenage school life ive had trouble talking to most girls, some girls i can talk to no problem because im friends with them but others who i dont know very well i cant talk to and i panic when i speak to them even if im saying hello or asking them to pick something up for me which is under their chair say in a lesson.

I have low confidence and low self essteem and as soon as i try talk to tem i think to myself "Should i talk to this person im pretty sure they dont wanna look at an ugly fuck like me"
Dont get me wrong i dont care what people think of me but i cant help think they think that. Especially when i get snappy answers from most of them. I'm very polite.I want to get this resolved or even improved for college as ill be meeting new people and i struggle making friends.

What are your thoughts and opinions thanks. =]
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think when your that age things play on your mind a lot more. As you get older you will still get a lot of arrogant people who couldn't care less about being civil. It's not a nice feeling in school because its such a social atmosphere so there is more emphasis put on being liked, especially by girls.

When you are older responsibilties make you come out of your shell more. You start to realise how little it means to be liked by people. If you are a nice enough guy you will have nothing to worry about. It might take some looking but there is friend's and partners out there for everyone :)
  • Options
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    I think when your that age things play on your mind a lot more. As you get older you will still get a lot of arrogant people who couldn't care less about being civil. It's not a nice feeling in school because its such a social atmosphere so there is more emphasis put on being liked, especially by girls.

When you are older responsibilties make you come out of your shell more. You start to realise how little it means to be liked by people. If you are a nice enough guy you will have nothing to worry about. It might take some looking but there is friend's and partners out there for everyone :)

Completely agree with this, but it's just one of those things that you have to live and learn by.

I used to care SO much what other people thought about me and now I really couldn't give two shits, but that's something that I've found has come with age and trial and error.

And as I've said before, might as well have a go. In several years time you'll probably be somewhere completely different, with different people and more experience under your belt. What hurts today will not hurt you tomorrow.
  • Options
    I didnt realise anyone replied to this thread,

Yeh i am a nice guy i will admit that and i have made some friends by it.

Also i used to get really upset when somebody said out bad bout me now it sitll annoys me but i dont get upset. :)