Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leeds.. What Shall Thou Art Do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Going there on Friday for the weekend, never been - any recommendations on things to do and see?

I also want to meetup with some people who will be there already - any suggestions where to do - a friendly pub that has good food, may be bowling or an all you can eat kind of place or perhaps ones you can bring your own drinks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Things to do and see during the day or are we talking night?

As for meeting up with people, friendly pubs I would probably recommend The Scarborough Taps (near the station), is a good friendly pub and does good food (make sure you avoid it on football match days though), Mr Foley's on the Headrow or Wellingtons on Wellington Street I would recommend. There is also a multitude of chain pubs including about 4 Wetherspoons (the best being in Millenium Square).

There is a bowling alley in the Merrion Centre towards the top of town but frankly its shit and probably infested with low life sub-human scum on a weekend.

As for all you can eat places they are a few dotted about but nothing to write home about, the best is probably Maxi's in the Light on the Headrow, all you can eat Chinese where they also do Sushi and a few other bits, personally my favourite in the City.