Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How safe is my money ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting a new computer and it's taken me 2 years to save the money up. I'm getting one through Comet, one that's built to spec, so i am assuming it's built by a company other than Comet. Thing is, with all these companies folding (Empire did today) how safe is me cash if Comet/computer building company go into administration before i get me comp ?

I'll be buying with Leigh's card (HSBC debit).

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Easiest way to get some protection is to pay for it on a credit card. Anything over £100 is automatically protected by the credit card company should the company you buy from go bust.
    Thanks for that. Yeah, i knew about CC protection, unfortunately (well fortunately) neither me nor Leigh have one and i don't know anyone with a CC, well anyone i'd trust.
    take one out? 0% interest one, thats what I did when I wanted some payment protection, worked great.
    Fuck it. I've ordered it using Leighs card. Good idea HF, but i'd never get one with my credit rating.