Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Russian Revolution

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey,

I'm looking for some books on The Russian Revolution, no reason in particular apart from I find it interesting and I need a good book to read, that will take me awhile to finish. I've found a few on Play.com but the ones I was going to get are out of stock. There was this one I was going to buy, checking her previous stuff I'm considering it, but I'd like to find something else just in case :chin:

Also any of Russian language, I currently use Pimsuler audio books, but I can't get a copy of the actuall text books at a cheap price. I only have the CDs, which without the books themselves, makes it kindof annoying.

CDs and Books combos are what I'm after, but (Big but) the ones I have found are ALL beginners and either have one thing in one, and not in the other. Like grammer.

:wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya,

We're doing the Russian Revolution at school at the moment, and on the reading list is this one, 'A People's Tragedy'.

Quite a few of my friends have read it and they really enjoyed it! So although I can't personally recommend it... from their recommendations and the ones on amazon, it looks good!
    Perhaps a good biography of Lenin would be a good starting point? Not that I've read one. :p

Thunderstruck will be along in a minute to recommend something, I'm sure. He loves Russian stuff.

Just found this one by Leon Trotsky. I doubt you'll get a better account of it than that.
    i think the person to ask would have been teh gerbil, not that he's around much any more....
    I'll check them out. Have you heard/read "The Communist Manifesto", by Karl Marx? I was told to read that aswell. Know of anymore good diary type ones about it? Or a mix of both, so history/personal story. I'll keep looking myself though, thanks guys :D
    The Communist Manifesto should be available free online if you don't mind reading it on your computer screen. Every library will probably have a copy of it too.