Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long Distance Relationships.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im not possessive about it. I've already thought about what I would say if she just wanted to be friends. If that happened I don't think I could continue talking with her on the phone. As much as that would hurt. I don't know if this sounds selfish, I hope not but I want to be more then friends with her and she knows that think it might be better if her and I went our separate ways if that ever happened and wish each other good luck.

Isnt that been a bit unfair on her then, pretty much saying, be my gf or else i wont talk to you? If you cared for her as much as you make out in the 50+ posts (which isnt posessive sounding at all) you have made in this thread, you'd have the balls to at least want to stay in touch with her whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    No one is perfect. Im not expecting her to be, just a little courtesy. I think it might be that way right now, me being more interested than she is in me. Hopefully it won't always be that way between her and I. Don't think thats clouding my vision at all.

From what you have said in here, I really think you are looking far too much into this.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Isnt that been a bit unfair on her then, pretty much saying, be my gf or else i wont talk to you? If you cared for her as much as you make out in the 50+ posts (which isnt posessive sounding at all) you have made in this thread, you'd have the balls to at least want to stay in touch with her whatever the outcome.

Isn't it a little unfair on me also? I want her to make the best decision thats right for her. If the two of them get together for who knows how long. Could be months even years. Im supposed to wait here like some pathetic little puppy dog and wait for my turn. A chance that might never come. If she ends up going forward with this other guy shouldn't I start moving forward as well, without her. I know it sounds bad but wouldn't that be the reasonable thing to do. And yes I do care for her, but letting it drag on if the two of them were together would be so hard on me, could also be awkward for her she might not want me to hang around. I don't know what is the right thing to do in this situation.
  • Options
    From what you have said in here, I really think you are looking far too much into this.

Perhaps that I am. But I have to try.
  • Options
    I personally feel you are just setting yourself up to be hurt, badly.
  • Options
    I personally feel you are just setting yourself up to be hurt, badly.

In the end I may end up getting hurt, who knows. Theres still alot that could go right and alot that could go wrong. Im just going to try and make the best decisions that I can about it.
  • Options
    Have you asked her outright how she really feels towards you and I think you need to make a decision about how this is affecting you. What is best for you we have given you lots of advice but you come back saying about the msn situation, the not talking bit we can carry on giving advice but at the end of the day you have to make the decision. How I see things at the moment is that you are kind of hanging around in the wings so that if she decides to get rid of the other person she will come to you but how do you know that she will do that and why....when I am woman myself hehehe....would I want to keep you stringing along doesnt that say something about me ....that I would be very indecisvie. How long is all this going to go on for? I want you to look at how long all this is going on for and ask her outright if she wants to be with you or this other person. You have already got deep with all this but not even been able to meet her. That I do find a little bit strange as distance can cause problems. I am sounding negative here but I cannot see anything positive right now in your situation. Have you read any of the sections in the relationship section? Or even try to talk to an expert ....as I am not. Do you want to get hurt over someone who is virtual? I also think you need to start living a real life and not this one that you seem to be having right now. Anyway good luck with it all I have exhausted my opinions and feel there is no more advice I can give.
  • Options
    Getting back to the msn incident from the other night. Basically in a nutshell I said I don't think you connection is dropping every few minutes and that your actually talking to someone else and ignoring me. Also if you wanna talk to someone else just tell me and I can let you go since I have other things that I could be doing instead of waiting around for you to message me back.

So I get an email back from her today and it says something like my connection was dropping and I wasn't talking to anyone else. My other friends understand this and why can't you. And that I don't think Im being rude and impolite to you.

About a week ago she was at her friends birthday party and she texted me. Eventually she got drunk and forgot all about me. This is just one of the few times already that we had been talking and she just left me there hanging and never saying sorry for it.

Also in the email I got from her she said my words were really hurtful and that she wouldn't be talking with me for awhile. From the above example don't I have a right to be angry about the way that she treats me sometimes. Up to now I haven't said anything about it till the other night. Okay so I was completely off about the other night but I have apologized for what I had said.
  • Options
    becks27 wrote: »
    Have you asked her outright how she really feels towards you and I think you need to make a decision about how this is affecting you. What is best for you we have given you lots of advice but you come back saying about the msn situation, the not talking bit we can carry on giving advice but at the end of the day you have to make the decision. How I see things at the moment is that you are kind of hanging around in the wings so that if she decides to get rid of the other person she will come to you but how do you know that she will do that and why....when I am woman myself hehehe....would I want to keep you stringing along doesnt that say something about me ....that I would be very indecisvie. How long is all this going to go on for? I want you to look at how long all this is going on for and ask her outright if she wants to be with you or this other person. You have already got deep with all this but not even been able to meet her. That I do find a little bit strange as distance can cause problems. I am sounding negative here but I cannot see anything positive right now in your situation. Have you read any of the sections in the relationship section? Or even try to talk to an expert ....as I am not. Do you want to get hurt over someone who is virtual? I also think you need to start living a real life and not this one that you seem to be having right now. Anyway good luck with it all I have exhausted my opinions and feel there is no more advice I can give.

If I asked her outright who she would rather be with, I know what the answer would be without even asking, and it wouldn't be me. Yes I've read the relationship sections. Havent' talked to an expert yet though.

Even before I started this thread weeks ago I thought about how this whole situation would play out. No one has said anything so far that I didn't expect to hear.

I appreciate the advice that everyone has given me to now, especially you and jaloux. Even if things were to end badly for me I don't think it would be that bad for me. I feel alot stronger about how I would deal with that if the situation came then I did before.

Mainly I just kept this thread going just to let everyone know how things were progressing with me and her. I have realized for awhile now what I should be doing about it. But I suppose these message boards aren't intended for these kinds of updates. Judging from your last post your sick of hearing about it and Im sure other people are as well. I'll stop doing these updates now. At this stage I know what I have to do in this situation.

Becks, but I do appreciate all that you have said to me in the last few weeks, along with everyone else. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Getting back to the msn incident from the other night. Basically in a nutshell I said I don't think you connection is dropping every few minutes and that your actually talking to someone else and ignoring me. Also if you wanna talk to someone else just tell me and I can let you go since I have other things that I could be doing instead of waiting around for you to message me back.

So I get an email back from her today and it says something like my connection was dropping and I wasn't talking to anyone else. My other friends understand this and why can't you. And that I don't think Im being rude and impolite to you.

About a week ago she was at her friends birthday party and she texted me. Eventually she got drunk and forgot all about me. This is just one of the few times already that we had been talking and she just left me there hanging and never saying sorry for it.

Also in the email I got from her she said my words were really hurtful and that she wouldn't be talking with me for awhile. From the above example don't I have a right to be angry about the way that she treats me sometimes. Up to now I haven't said anything about it till the other night. Okay so I was completely off about the other night but I have apologized for what I had said.

I think shes getting a bit annoyed by your obsessions, you seem to go off on one whenever she does soemthing that you dont agree with.
  • Options
    Okay I think you're bordering on stalking her now... maybe time to cool off and consider that she does have her own life to live. Maybe you should get on with yours too!