Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Adolf Hitler taken into care by social services

No, I'm not making this up...

I'm not talking about the Nazi despot who ruled Germany between 1933 and 1945 - I'm talking about the parents who called one of their children Adolf Hitler Campbell and another one JoyceLynn Aryan Nation. Back in December, bakers ShopRite in the USA refused to sell a birthday cake to the husband and wife concerned, because they wanted the name Adolf Hitler iced onto it. I personally suspect the real reason was ShopRite couldn't guarantee that this Aryan cake would last 1000 years, but there we go.

The three kids have now been put into care. The Division of Youth and Family Services (their equivalent of a social services department) refuse to reveal the reason why.

Is anyone surprised?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stupid stupid parents if i ran the government or whatever id get that childs name changed ASAP.
  • Options
    A name is a name.

Did you see that documentary where they went round looking at all the different Osama's and what they did? Have to admit naming your kid Adolf Hitler considering what it's synonymous with is pretty dumb but I think that's more on the parents than the actual name.

Looking on wikipedia for the name, they said it's comparable with rudolf :p. Well who knew?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf
  • Options
    Not convinced there other kid called 'Aryan Nation' is comparable to Derrick though...
  • Options
    If the parents were so keen on Adolph Hitler you would have hoped they'd changed their own name, rather than naming their kids that way.

Twats.
  • Options
    Thing is, if nothing else, they're forcing their children into a life of torture from their peers, at least when they're teenagers, and those kids (at least Adolf) will have to adopt nicknames pretty much full time. C'mon, you can see it now....

"Hey, you come here often?"
    "Maybe. So what's you're name?"
    "Erm....."

Yeah.

Besides, I think the fact that they'd name their kids that is an obvious warning sign that they're insonsiderate, thoughless and not too bright, so I'm not exactly surprised, nor shocked and appauled, that the kids have been taken away.
  • Options
    Anyone look at the picture gallery underneath the article? The title says "Adolf Hitler" but when you click it's pictures of Tom Cruise....lol
  • Options
    So what was the case for them going into care, their name?
    Plsus, Hitler would be his middle name, so his name is Adolf Cambell, not Adolf Hitler.