Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A cheap power drill for around the home?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a drill to doing little jobs, saw one in Argos for abuot £10 but I don't think it's that powerful. I want something that you don't have to wait for it to speed up, if the trigger is flat out I want it to be at full speed right away. It would be nice if it came with extra drill bits and a case. Price approx £30.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When it comes to drills far you get what you pay for. In my opinion it's far better to buy a decent drill such as a Makita, DeWALT or Bosch than anything cheap - but then your looking at prices around and beyond £100.

Cheap drills will break and are seriously underpowered.

Bear in mind that corded drills are also more powerful than cordless drills but obviously lack the mobility

These are good deals.
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68747/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Makita-8391DWPE3-18V-Combi-Drill
    http://www.screwfix.com/prods/40484/Power-Tools/Corded-Drills/Makita-HP1621K-2-650W-240V-Percussion-Drill
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    U can get excelent brand powerful drils cheaper if u go places like cashconvertor internet wise amazon ebay maybe? :wave:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Aj fan wrote: »
    U can get excelent brand powerful drils cheaper if u go places like cashconvertor internet wise amazon ebay maybe? :wave:

But you don't get your warranty then.

I've alwsy been of the opinion that when it comes to tools (especially power toold) it's not worth cutting corners, but then I use such tools on a daily basis and I need quality and reliability.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hi i dont know guarentee wise amazon ebay cash convertor do 6mth guarentee /warrenty :yes: :wave: