Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Music Production

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That would be sweet, what did you have in mind?
    What ever mate, do what ever you feel like doing!
    A lot of the patches I make rely on the other effects and bits and I don't know how to use the combinator patches in Reason to put it all together...

So I will just upload the RNS file and you will be able to see the whole work flow.

I have uploaded 3..

Heavy De-Tuned Lead is the one I put a wave up on here of earlier in the thread.

Electro is a very simple patch with 3 different Saw waves at different pitches to give it a very electro sound. I also added a setting that changes the release of the note depending on the velocity you press the key on your keyboard

Dubstep lead is just a little wobbly bassline I made

I had to rename them to .txt because otherwise i couldnt upload them here. Just rename it from .txt to .rns and it should work ok.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    A lot of the patches I make rely on the other effects and bits and I don't know how to use the combinator patches in Reason to put it all together...

So I will just upload the RNS file and you will be able to see the whole work flow.

I have uploaded 3..

Heavy De-Tuned Lead is the one I put a wave up on here of earlier in the thread.

Electro is a very simple patch with 3 different Saw waves at different pitches to give it a very electro sound. I also added a setting that changes the release of the note depending on the velocity you press the key on your keyboard

Dubstep lead is just a little wobbly bassline I made

I had to rename them to .txt because otherwise i couldnt upload them here. Just rename it from .txt to .rns and it should work ok.

Hmm i tried renaming the files but they still weren't picked up by Reason.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Hmm i tried renaming the files but they still weren't picked up by Reason.

I will re up them tonight on send space or something and just give you the link here. might be easier.

I also had a look into the combinator and its easy to use so I will upload the patches with everything in a combinator rather than the whole reason file.
    Cheers :)

Its been quite good the last few days. I've been playing around loads with Thor lately trying to get a good bassy sound and its class just stumbling across random but good sounds. Just messing about, tweaking this and that and you get sounds you didnt set out to make. Love it :D
    If you have a bit of time on your hands then this is worth a read... its split up into different sections and takes you through everything it can do...

http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/discovering-reason/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=part19
    JamesZero wrote: »
    If you have a bit of time on your hands then this is worth a read... its split up into different sections and takes you through everything it can do...

http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/discovering-reason/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=part19

Fook, theres alot to read there :D Ta for that, i'll give it a read later.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    USH.Net have a good forum page devoted to music production for varios software including Reason, Logic, Cubase and FL . Some of the stickies their may proove useful to those that are starting up, lots of questions and answers from fellow producers - some of them quite succesful.

http://ush.net/board/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=0264d5de508dcc3a89efdf5fcd2ed53b
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    USH.Net have a good forum page devoted to music production for varios software including Reason, Logic, Cubase and FL . Some of the stickies their may proove useful to those that are starting up, lots of questions and answers from fellow producers - some of them quite succesful.

http://ush.net/board/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=0264d5de508dcc3a89efdf5fcd2ed53b

Yeah wicked cheers :) I've found a few decent forums knocking around that im using here and there.
    Got myself a copy of Ableton Live today, actually not as bad as i first thought, in terms of usability.

Think i might have a play about with it and see what i think. Seems pretty good though :)
    Live is awesome fun :) Even more fun if you can get hold of some decent MIDI controllers or MIDI converters so you can play around with all sorts of things :)

Oh yeah its awesome :D I'm making some really cool sounds out of it and its relatively easy to use. Easier then i thought it would be anyway :D

Need to have a look at some tutorials mind, some bits i need to work out still. But .. :D