Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

End of an era (Bushism's)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7809160.stm
All politicians are prone to make slips of the tongue in the heat of the moment - and President George W Bush has made more than most.

The word "Bushism" has been coined to label his occasional verbal lapses during eight years in office, which come to an end on 20 January.

Here are some of his most memorable pronouncements.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always got my dad a daily desk calender of themfor christmas. I was really lost for gift ideas this year :( I almost wished for Palin to make my shopping easier.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    fail
    *sniff sniff* Brings a tear to the eye. Obama wont be nearly as much fun :D
    You may laugh, but the fact is when he said "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.", he was bang on the money. We won't find out exactly what happened inside the Bush presidency for many years to come - mainly because of various secrecy acts. Take the UK, for example. When documents are declassified after the 30 years that the Official Secrets Act covers them, most of the people who were around on the politicial scene back then will either be very old, or very dead. Same over on the other side of the pond.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    You may laugh, but the fact is when he said "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.", he was bang on the money. We won't find out exactly what happened inside the Bush presidency for many years to come - mainly because of various secrecy acts. Take the UK, for example. When documents are declassified after the 30 years that the Official Secrets Act covers them, most of the people who were around on the politicial scene back then will either be very old, or very dead. Same over on the other side of the pond.

By which time they are not in power and theres not much public interest in chasing them down, if they have done something really dodgy.

I think nixon coined it when he said "When the president does it, IT IS legal"

ps cant wait for that new frost nixon film
    MrG wrote: »
    By which time they are not in power and theres not much public interest in chasing them down, if they have done something really dodgy.
    Well, it is rather difficult to hold a dead person to account.