Home Student Life & Education
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What can I do I've messed up 3yrs of uni!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if anyone can help me feel a lil better.

I've messed up 3yrs of work, I'm studying a BA (Hons) in Graphic design, and I have a deadline in less than 2weeks and I havent even started 2 projects its not even possible to complete them. We have a essay to do and thats nearly done to a good standard and I'm half way through another project. I'm going to fail the other 2. I really dont know what to do.
Last year I got average grades which worked out to be a 2:2 =[

Does anyone know what options I have? I don't know if I can re-do the year or do some over the summer?

Also Ive heard you can take the average of your second an third year grades as your degree grade, or just take your final year results?

Hope that all makes sense. Thankyou xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you need really to be talking to your tutors, because i know that at my uni, you can re-take modules and the 1st and 2nd years but not the third.

they might be able to help.

do you have any reason for not being able to do these projects? because most unis have a mitigating circumstances policy.
    Not got a clue about the other questions but yes one of the ways they can calculate your final grade is by the average of your second and third year. Also the mean of your third year or the median of your third year ... I think.

Just lazyness tbh =[ I hope I can re-take them. I've E-Mailed my tutors because there not back till next Mon. Hopefully they might get back to me.

I suppose I will know more after I've spoke to them.

Thanks for your replies. xxxx
    Not sure about your uni, but where I went they took either a 50/50 or 30/70 average of your 2nd and 3rd year grades, respectively, whichever gave the highest overall mark. In terms of resits, we were able to redo 2nd year or 3rd year 1st semester modules. 3rd year 2nd semester modules required you to resit the whole 3rd year. Check with your tutor asap as the processes at your uni might be very different. There is a lot of support there but you must go and make use of it!
    ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........

I've got a friend doing the exact same course and I know how much work it is, and she's in her third year too, and has a deadline in two weeks :chin: I think really just for the next two weeks become a hermit and do the best you can do.

Having said that I've got two essays due in two weeks and haven't started them either. Best of luck! We should be study buddies lol