Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nottingham - Where to go what to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I might be going to Nottingham for a few days in Jan, will be there over a weekend so looking for suggestions for places to go out at night - bars / clubs, etc and things to do during the day
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In the day: shop my friend, plenty of them and some pretty decent stores. Alternatively, there are quite a few touristy things around - nottingham castle, the galleries of justice, the caves.

At night: Depends what sort of scene you're into really. Lots and lots of bars around catering to all tastes, as for clubs it depends what day/nights you're going to be there. Avoid halo like the plague unless you're ultra-chavvy and/or fancy a scrap.
    Saturdays tend to be the better night at the weekend with both stealth/rescue rooms and rock city being good choices. Smaller but equally as good late night venues include the bodega rooms (formally the social), brownes and market bar.
    Or for pure cheese &all the other tourists there is an oceana, can't says ive ever been in on a weekend however so i cant really judge too much
    When I get back to Notts, I am going to Bar None, great little place which only a very few know about. :thumb:

Other than that, dont forget you bullet proof vest ;)
    Calvin wrote: »

Other than that, dont forget you bullet proof vest ;)

I thought you were kidding but after having just gotten back it's certainly a bit rough up there. Quite a few people drunk on a Saturday by 10pm and saw loads of guys with bruises and black eyes on their faces.

Also encountered people that looked like they were just looking to cause trouble

The town itself was very nice - just need to get rid of the meat heads.
    DG wrote: »
    I thought you were kidding but after having just gotten back it's certainly a bit rough up there. Quite a few people drunk on a Saturday by 10pm and saw loads of guys with bruises and black eyes on their faces.

Also encountered people that looked like they were just looking to cause trouble

You get that in every city though, meat heads everywhere. Where abouts did you go?
    Damn i've only just seen this, i was going to suggest the pitcher and piano, bar/restaurant inside a converted church.
    DG wrote: »

Yeah welcome to a regular night out in Notts. Although as Goodfella said, can't think of one city i've been to that's not been like that really. Depends on where you go in Notts as to the amount of trouble you get although walking through the city centre after 10pm usually does get you the usual pissheads, fighters, bail out early crew.
    I was just in the main bit of town - walking distance from the Travel Lodge - the layout of the town was really nice but it felt like violence was a part of normal life up there.
    xsazx wrote: »
    would love to live there if it wasnt for the uni being naff :(
    :eek: Are you kidding!? Nottingham uni is rated 19th for the quality of teaching out of about 120 universitys, and Nottingham Trent has one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country
    xsazx wrote: »
    :/ I thought it was a lovely town (would love to live there if it wasnt for the uni being naff :( ) and was a good deal more relaxed and peaceful than anywhere I've ever been in London

It is a lovely town to be honest and the areas around it are great too, esp. for horses :thumb: