Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bikini hair removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best at home method?

I've been shaving - well have negected it for about a month cos i keep forgetting to buy a razor, and i end up with horrible stubble after a day and nasty ingrown hairs even if i exfoliate. I'm a little wary of all these other things but it would be good to find out some tried and tested methods...

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is it not/hard/messy/painful?

and with what and how?
    I'd love to whip mine all off via waxing but I'm too scared!
    Can you describe the sensation/pain?
    Haha!!

Fooking killed when I attempted to do my legs so I just presumed the bikini line area would be excruciating!
    the bikini line isnt too painful, its the rest of the bikini area that kills! Its not so bad when someone else does it but i have no clue how rachie manages to do it for herself!
    I don't think I could wax it myself! It's bad enough taking a plaster off...it takes me about an hour to build up the courage. It would prob take me forever to wax my own bikin line!

I've had it done by my friend who was training at college and I'm not going to lie it did hurt...I had to stop her half way through. It looked like I just had a massive bald patch :blush:

I want to get it done again but properly, I think I'd have to take a few Tramadol before I go ;)
    Yeah, I totally can't do it myself. Tried waxing my own legs but couldn't bare the thought of the pain.

Would it be really weird if I got my boyfriend to do this for me??

I've got really sensitive skin, too. My legs were red and rashy for days after attempting to wax them and I really don't want to be red and rashy down there!!
    I've found waxing to be the easiest thing really. Find shaving/creams etc. don't do a long enough job and encourage rough hair growth.
    Got fed up of rubbish wax strips though and even though i know a good salon it just worked out cheaper to get my own kit and do it myself. I don't find it hurts too much to be honest, my legs don't hurt at all when i do it. As Amira said, it's not the high leg or bikini line look that hurts, it's the nearer in you get.

I invested in a proper wax kit for home, £30 for two tubs of wax, the spatulas, the cloth strips, all the lotions and two tubs of wax. :yes:
    Carolina wrote: »
    I've found waxing to be the easiest thing really. Find shaving/creams etc. don't do a long enough job and encourage rough hair growth.
    Got fed up of rubbish wax strips though and even though i know a good salon it just worked out cheaper to get my own kit and do it myself. I don't find it hurts too much to be honest, my legs don't hurt at all when i do it. As Amira said, it's not the high leg or bikini line look that hurts, it's the nearer in you get.

I invested in a proper wax kit for home, £30 for two tubs of wax, the spatulas, the cloth strips, all the lotions and two tubs of wax. :yes:

Where can you get these kits? Are these like the ones in Argos?
    Boots do home waxing kits where you get the pots and strips I'm sure you can get them for like £5.99 for a massive pot.
    I do it myself as well. I'd be too embaressed to flash the danger zone to somebody, not to mention it is way way way to over priced. I can buy a waxing kit for $10 and it lasts me a year. I think a professional wax costs around $50.

Though the kind of wax makes or breaks it. A sugar, honey or chocolate wax... pretty much any wax that washes off in water doesn't work to save my life, but the hardcore stuff, the kind you aren't getting off your floors is the way to go. Sally Hansen extra strength for me. Or anything that says brazillian tends to work as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Putty-Clay-Wax/s/sr=41-48/qid=1227993383/ref=sr_av_p_4_47?ie=UTF8&rs=74103031&field-brandtextbin=Sally%20Hansen&rh=n%3A65801031%2Cn%3A66468031%2Cn%3A66469031%2Cn%3A74098031%2Cn%3A74103031%2Cp%5F4%3ASally%20Hansen&page=1

My only problem is they recently changed to a stripless wax and I like using strips better :(
    Personally, i do a combination of shaving and hair removal cream - handy for getting in hard to reach places.

Be careful tho cos if left too long the cream can make your skin sooooo sore!! You can buy stuff for sensitive skin tho - the stuff i use is Nair Hair Remover Sensitive Formula. It works for me and is a much preffered option to waxing!
    ive never gone completely bald down there and i want to try it, so, anyone want to give me some advice? step-by-step instructions? pointers? tips? and general info?

:D
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Personally, i do a combination of shaving and hair removal cream - handy for getting in hard to reach places.

Be careful tho cos if left too long the cream can make your skin sooooo sore!! You can buy stuff for sensitive skin tho - the stuff i use is Nair Hair Remover Sensitive Formula. It works for me and is a much preffered option to waxing!

Yup, I just shave the more intimate areas because it's quick and easy. I've never had a problem with weird growing hairs or anything.
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Where can you get these kits? Are these like the ones in Argos?

I got mine off one of the hair and beauty websites, think it was justbeautifully.co.uk
    I would say if you've never waxed before be very careful. You will want to do a skin test just to make sure your skin is not going to have an allergic reaction. Might be worth going to a salon a few times and having it done there so you can watch how it's done and check your skin is fine with waxing.
    Carolina wrote: »
    I got mine off one of the hair and beauty websites, think it was justbeautifully.co.uk
    I would say if you've never waxed before be very careful. You will want to do a skin test just to make sure your skin is not going to have an allergic reaction. Might be worth going to a salon a few times and having it done there so you can watch how it's done and check your skin is fine with waxing.

Eeek! Nope, no salon for me! Not ever! :(
    Hey guys,

Was just researching previous posts on hair removal when I came across this. I'm fed up also of shaving down there and at the moment would not consider waxing (due to the pain factor)

I like the idea someone mentioned about using hair removal creams and decided to do some research. I have used the veet ones before and the results were rubbish on my legs. Someone mentioned Nair sensitive, and was wondering if anybody had used the following products.

NAIR SENSITIVE GEL HAIR REMOVAL CREAM
    or
    NAIR BRUSH ON

I fond them both on the Superdrug website. I'm going on Holiday with my boyfriend soon and don't want to shave. Any help welcome or if you have a tried and tested method let me know!

Thanks a bunch in advance :D
    I don't believe you are supposed to use those around your danger zone. All those chemicals coming so close... it has potentional to lead to bad irratations and UTIs

I've used nair and other similar products on my legs and it came back the next day, just like shaving :(
    they all say don't use on genital or peri anal areas...

waxing has given me load of ingrown hairs...:(

i might have to pay to have it done...i couldn't get anywhere near "the danger zone" cos it hurt like nothing else...else where was fine...
    Thanks for the replies x

Oh gosh didn't realise they shouldn't be used there. I really don't want to but looks as though I might have to try waxing :nervous: