Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

space cake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya,

I want to bake a space cake but haven't got a clue how to go about it, so firstly does anyone have any good step by step recipes? Secondly as I have never bought weed before, how much should it cost approx so that I don't get hugely ripped off. It's a suprise for someone so I can't ask them how much they pay for their stuff normally.

Also I havent ever smoked weed and I know that I would like to have a little bit of cake but I will not have too much and will wait an hour after eating a small bit before any more, what should I expect to happen?

Comments

• Options
    in my experience i spent about £10 for a bag (don't know if it was good or bad value, but i had known the guy for a long time).. and the effect on me was just like being drunk except i didn't feel full, which is probably why i started eating crisps soon after. can't really be of more help about the space cakes, wish i could though, might be fun.
  • Options
    Also I havent ever smoked weed and I know that I would like to have a little bit of cake but I will not have too much and will wait an hour after eating a small bit before any more, what should I expect to happen?

Hi Twinklestar; If you are going to bake a spacecake, you can find many more recipes and guides online than you shake a bifda at - so I won't answer that part of it.

If you haven't smoked weed before then you should be quite careful, because if you end up eating too much it could be an unpleasant experience and you're stuck with it for a good three hours or more.

Cannabis is metabolised (taken in) much more efficiently by the body when it is eaten than smoked (you get around 100% of the active ingredients - THC & CBD - from eating, whereas smoking gives you much less. It also takes longer to have an effect; around 1 hour or more on an empty stomach (depending also on your own individual digestive speed) but can be longer if you have eaten alot with it, or ingested foods which are harder to digest (such as cheese and dairy).

Smoking takes effect almost instantly and is much easier to dose, in terms of how stoned you want to get - the experience is also markedly different because THC is metabolised in a different way than when smoked. Users often report that their buzz is heavier, stronger and can give rise to other distortions and perception alterations that are not normally present when smoked.

Now the health bit, and this is very important: if you or a member of your family suffers from any form of psychosis, bi polar depression, chronic anxiety or other moderate-severe mental health problem, it is probably best to leave well alone, and certainly not to do a space cake on your first try. This is because if you do take too much and the effects are particularly unpleasant, it could leave you with some unwanted after effects (such as anxiety or paranoia) that are latent in you.

That said, if you think you'll be ok then start small - you can always have more and remember that, depending on how the oven cooks it, the distribution of cannabis throughout the cake could be different, so have a piece and then wait.

Oh, and try not to combine this with alcohol, at least not on your first try, or you could make yourself sick and spun out.

Take care,

MB
  • Options
    all I can tell you. Don't eat too much at once, because it kicks in some time later (about 30 mins, or even longer). I ate a whole bunch at a party (I think the equivalent of how much I ate would be about 5 grams) and drank a lottttt of beer. Few hours later I was racing through black and white chequered tunnels with light speed and the music was butt raping my ear drums so hard, I was afraid my head is going to explode. In a violent outburst of sick I gave the toilet a nice cookie-esque yellow colour and curled up in a fetal position hoping the chequered tunnels would go away.

Other things. IF the guy who gets the cake is a regular stoner then the surprise thing might be ok, otherwise you should inform the eater of the ingredients, otherwise it's pretty uncool if he's eating like there is no tomorrow and later realizes it.

second: I hope I have my facts right, so please double check: thc is very good fat soluble. So just do it in melted butter or something and bake with it. Baking chunks of it, might not be very good. but you find that stuff online.

good luck.
  • Options
    Just thought I'd chuck in my 2p's worth.. I'm with Martin and Strubbles on this.

Eating weed can be a lot more intense than smoking it and it takes a lot longer to kick in! Just make sure you give yourself enough time to know if it's starting to effect you before you eat any more.

As for going about it, there's a few different ways of doing it.. I'd just google space cake recipes if I were you. When I did it my mate who was the experienced chef sorted it all out for us so I didn't have to do any of the dirty work.

I know it's probably not the best of advice, but I would suggest actually smoking weed once or twice before eating it. That way, you'll get some sort of idea what to expect! Hope this helps.
  • Options
    if you've never done weed before, just DON'T eat one.

i went to amsterdam last year and had never done weed. i ate a whole cake. about an hour later, i was freaking out big time. it was horrible and i will NEVER try the stuff again. i became so dehydrated that i thought i was dying and made a taxi stop and i ran into a shop and threw about 10 euros at a shop assistant just so i could have a drink. my nails went blue, my hands and feet went stone cold, my circulation was fucked and i was just completely out of it. i was really disorientated and paranoid and eww.

it scared the shit out of me and i was crying my absolute eyes out for hours because thats how long it lasted. i puked up too.

i probably had a really bad experience though.

i'd try smoking it first.
  • Options
    Jesus, you ate a whole cake?

I'm an experienced smoker and I've never even done that!
  • Options
    it wasn't a big cake. just like a big chocolate muffin.
  • Options
    I've never been to the Dam (although it's on my hit list), but I'm pretty sure weed is far stronger over there anyway.. seeing as it's legal and everything.

I'd defo try smoking it first, bit of a shame you had such a bad time though..
  • Options
    Aspire wrote: »
    I've never been to the Dam (although it's on my hit list), but I'm pretty sure weed is far stronger over there anyway.. seeing as it's legal and everything.

I'd defo try smoking it first, bit of a shame you had such a bad time though..

thats what my friend said.

either that, or i had alot of the weed out of the mixture in my cake.

it was horrible though. never again. i'll never smoke the stuff. the experience really shit me up.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply guys, I would throw up if I tried to smoke it, I haven't tried smoking but have convinced myself it will happen so I am pretty certain my body would do it because I have told myself it will.

I might give it a miss then altoghether, I was aware that it was much more potent to eat than to smoke and was planning on being careful anyway but if you guys think I shouldnt do it then maybe I should stick to a glass of wine.

Thanks
  • Options
    I'd generally agree that the experience of eating the cake would be more intense and would creep up on you a lot more than smoking. Kind of like vodka as apposed to beer, except completely different.

That's not to say don't do it. I probably wouldn't want to do it alone though. The whole point is to share the experience, because it's bloody funny.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely! Don't let us put you off, I'd still do it if I were you, I'd just be careful and wait between munching the slices.

Guaranteed, if you're with the right people you'd have never have laughed so hard in your life :)
  • Options
    i became so dehydrated that i thought i was dying

this too.

I forgot my backpack at a different location and the friend I was with was running with me back to retrieve it. I was never so thirsty in my entire life and I was shortly before collapsing. Actually I think I collapsed onto a little snow hill on the side walk and I ate that snow, because I was so thirsty.

It's all cool as long as you don't overdose, but that is applicable to everything, no? Don't be put off, just try smoking a weak doobie (stretch with tobacco), and like someone else said, eat a small slice and let the effect unfold first.

It's actually quite the experience.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I think the equivalent of how much I ate would be about 5 grams

That is a serious amount of weed to eat in one go. That would make you quite ill.

Personally I'd say fuck eating it unless your an experienced user. It's so hard to know how much to do and when it'll effect you.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Purely out of interest to Twinklestar.. if you've never smoked weed before then why do you want to make a space cake?
  • Options
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Personally, I used to find that smoking it had much more of an effect then ingesting it ever did.

It's far easier to go over the top when eating it. It's easier to get the the dose right if you smoke it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    That is a serious amount of weed to eat in one go. That would make you quite ill.

I was really ill.

It was just an approximation, but he said he used 1 dag (=10g) for the dough, and I ate about half the cookies (maybe bit less).

Welp, it was the first time and I didn't know any better, but heyho.