Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I've lost some mail

5 items I've been expecting throughout December haven't turned up. 1 from UK, 1 from Germany and 3 from USA. As I'm a frequent eBay buyer/seller, I know damn well that foreign post takes a week, but allow 2 to be safe. Before now, I have only ever lost post once - an invitation to have dinner with Lord Ashley back in 1999, and now all of a sudden, I've lost 5 items. Could there be someone stalking my post? As for sizes of the items - 1 can't fit through my letter box but the other 4 can/could.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you have tracking numbers etc? I know international post can take a bit longer than 2 weeks on occasion - I've had one item take about 6 weeks or so before now, and I've currently been waiting since the end of September for an item from the US (although the seller didn't actually send it til a month later when I bugged her and is now ignoring me...hurrah!). I don't think all 5 of your packages would take that long though :/. Perhaps go to the post office and see if they have any of them there?
    It sounds like they've been sent over the christmas period too...
    Sounds like you've already been pretty patient, so start asking for tracking references and chasing it up, but hopefully due to the increase in traffic it's just annoyingly been delayed rather than a dodgy Postie in your area
    Cheers guys :-)

One of my parcels have turned up which is good news. This particular one was shipped 12th Dec, arrived on 30th Dec, so I'd put that down to gross delay due to Christmas post. Out of the remaining 4 items - 2 where shipped in November and the other 2 were also around the 12th Dec.