Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats everybody do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What does everybody do for a living?

This is far from a thread for people to boast about what they do and how much they are earning, more to share our worldly knowledge!

Give everybody a chance to save money and such by getting advice on trival matters, and help each other out.

I'm a Heating Engineer, Installing central heating systems for a large national company, so if anybody has any quirky central heating issues, or are looking for advice then feel free to ask away, hopefully i can help, even if its just a pointer in the right direction where to go etc, save calling out a plumber just to get the air out of a radiator or something stupid.

I'm sure we have sparkys, mechanics, nurses etc... on here that can offer similar advice,

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a student nursing - paediatrics. I'm in the second year of my BNurs nursing degree :D
    Currently a data analyst till 5pm Monday.

Then as of 19/01/08 I become employed by the British Army.
    Accounts Assistent for a small firm of Charted Accountants. Glorified Secatary some days.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Full time 4th year business student, part time voluntary community sector for a UK Rail Company.
    Im currently a student bum doing Adult nursing...until May when I have to find a proper grown up nursing job :nervous:
    Good luck piecesofme :D
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Good luck piecesofme :D

Thank you!
    There's loads of jobs in Manchester, Liverpool and Warrington just need to get through the interviews :nervous: I'm hoping I'll be able to get a job on HDU/ITU where I'm doing my management placement, fingers crossed!
    Ooh straight in with the exciting jobs!

I'd be content with a community nursing job :D
    I work in a supermarket.:lol:
    I sit in a corner and do "data entry"... though god knows there is not a thing to do lately... and sometimes doze off until my neck snaps my heavy head back up. But they took away our vanilla coffee creamer and I had to buy my own (and better, may I add) flavored creamer... all in the name to save a few pennies so they don't deserve to have me awake all day anyways. The coffee there tastes like poop and dirt, don't konw how you can drink it without drowning it in flavor.

Took away my tissues as well... but I got them... I use their fancy napkins to wipe my nose. Ha.

School on the side.
    Uni student studying philosophy. (Will hopefully get real job one day).
    Nice horse LLL :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Primary teacher. I teach Y5.
    I temp in a bank and issue consents to lease and send deeds to solicitors all day. and drink free hot chocolate.
    I count bunnies.
    I stew in my own boredom for 8 hours a day. Sometimes I do a spot of writing and editing and proofreading and whatnot to break up the monotony, but usually not.
    I'm a HR Administrator - write contracts, interview questions and do payroll, and have been on a few PAYE tax courses so I'm supposed to understand all that too!

That said, I'm counting the months to maternity leave (five and a half to go!) so I'm already on wind down.. ;)
    i'm an IT consultant, i build computer systems that make big companies even more money (or as happened the other month, got 3 people sacked.. felt a bit guilty after that one).

it a good life, i earn a decent wage and enjoy my work. get to do alot of traveling whether it be plane, train or automobile :)
    i live the good life working at WHSmiths...
    I teach English to kids, adults and business people.
    I'm in school but i want to be come a psycologist (cant spell it lol)
    *Ri* wrote: »
    i live the good life working at WHSmiths...

If you saw someone buying 2 x HP printer cartridges (that you keep behind your counter) at around 4PM today, then that kid was me :-)
    Ah, I forgot to answer the original question too. Doh! Yeah I work at the shoe factory in Stafford (Jen Shoes). I don't work in shoes though. In James Bond-style, we have a computer workshop selling IT equipment for disabled students and we take up 1 level of the factory. Welcome to my underground lair, except that it's overground on level 1 :-D
    Monserrat wrote: »
    If you saw someone buying 2 x HP printer cartridges (that you keep behind your counter) at around 4PM today, then that kid was me :-)

buy one get one half price yeah? ;D

anyhoo, i dont work the weekends :P you'd know if it was me cos im usually the only one in the shop with dreads ;D
    Im a science technician in a secondary school! mad but brill job!
    Start back on Monday, and I cant wait!
    *Ri* wrote: »
    buy one get one half price yeah? ;D

anyhoo, i dont work the weekends :P you'd know if it was me cos im usually the only one in the shop with dreads ;D

Ahhh oki! And yes, it was the buy one + buy one half price deal :-) Bless 'Smiths for stocking the one that Sainsbury's didn't have :-D
    english lit student and volunteer in an age concern shop one day a week
    Currently Test and Quality Lead for a Music/Media company.

Love the company, but I'm starting to get a little bored with it now... I think it's going to be time to jump ship soon.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    EPOS Field Engineer.

Quite a broad job really. Invloves the installation and service of a large range of retail and hospitality tills, epos systems and scales.

Includes a bit of networking, programming, electronics, cabling, customer training, customer support and A LOT OF TRAVEL anywhere in the UK.
    Weekender Offender 
    zoology student and shelf stacker/dogs body at a supermarket, shit job but the people are good